HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #21
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Anybody see the Pro Stock final?

Maybe other track operators will take a clue from Norwalk and give free tickets to the spectators. At least they would sell some consessions to people that would not be there spending any money at all otherwise. Div 4 points races might have thirty or so, the stands look pretty empty. I found an old picture of Pete Perry's old Vega on the startng line at a Div 4 points race at La Place, LA from the '70s. Pete said "look at the people in the stands!" But, remember top Fuel and Pro Stock used to run the div races then. The people didn't vacate the stands after the fuel cars ran back then, either. Different world now, different spectators. Only watch the noise and fire. The ones you talk to, for the most part, aren't very knowlegable.

They probably watch professional wrestling too.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Anybody see the Pro Stock final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
I think he got caught fudging about twenty years ago with a stocker.
Yep. 1 year suspension was what he got for a piston violation.

Lifetime ban would be Darrell Alderman, (lifted after 2 years) Jerry Eckman, (Could be re-instaed if fines paid), Dave Connolly (Lifted after 2 years) and Roy Hill.

I think Roy is finally back since he has raced SS this year.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
Strittan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probably the best race I've ever seen. Pro Stock has always been my favorite pro class, and Jason is one of my favorite drivers.
Strittan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #24
John Mason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: Anybody see the Pro Stock final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
I think he got caught fudging about twenty years ago with a stocker.
Correct. Piston dish violation in his Buick stocker. Only World Champ ever forced to sit out his #1 year.
According to a former division tech director, one other was ordered by NHRA not to defend his title.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #25
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post
Correct. Piston dish violation in his Buick stocker. Only World Champ ever forced to sit out his #1 year.
According to a former division tech director, one other was ordered by NHRA not to defend his title.

It's been awhile, but he won the Stock championship in 1993. I believe he was kicked out of the TRW all star race in 1994. I don't think he was suspended for it either. I could be wrong though.

During the teardown for the all star race anything that is found to be illegal is allowed to be fixed before racing. I know of one racer that was found to have too much dome on his piston. They got out the grinder and ground the piston down to spec. Since they only check one piston, he didn't have to grind them all down. He was able to race after he passed.

If Jason would've had the correct piston handy he could have changed it and still raced. I remember one person being thrown out for the wrong heads, but if they would've had the correct ones handy they would've been allowed to put them on and race. Who carries around extra pistons and heads though?

I know of many people who have failed lift at the all star race and were allowed to change push rods or grind the rockers down to pass.

-Toby
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #26
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strittan View Post
Probably the best race I've ever seen. Pro Stock has always been my favorite pro class, and Jason is one of my favorite drivers.
He has a good sense of humer. He had a .006 light, Mike had a .007 light, and after the run Jason told Mike "you were late".

He does great interviews.

Met his family at Topeka, very nice people.