HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #11
BobUnkefer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody see the Pro Stock final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
That race was worth the wait. I would have preffered a different out come but it was racing the way it should be.
I would have preferred a different semi final outcome.... With what Brogdon's team has been though a final round showing would have been well deserved.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Line with a .006 light to Edwards .007 light, Mike won with a 6.594 to Jason's 6.599.
Four thousandths!

Best race I've seen in a while!
Yes, Great Race! Would have liked Line to win, but Edwards has done an outstanding job, wish we could have stayed but that would have made it a really long day, and we couldn't afford the food and drink for 15 hours. It was sad the way during the televised eliminations they ran the Pro Stock cars as if it was just a highlight reel one after the other while talking. Seems very clear they are giving the Fuel cars 60/70 percent of the show, especially with the interviews. Got to wonder what the Prostock teams in both classes are thinking, as they had some of the best races. Outside of the Sportsman classes of course.

They really need a Top End camera during sportsman eliminations for the jumbo screen so the fans can see the close racing. In hindsight it doesn't seem our decision to not record Bruno's round one race was one of our best moves either.

Last edited by Bobby DiDomenico; 06-08-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
427_ED

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Wasn't Jason Line banned from NHRA?
427_ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby DiDomenico View Post
They really need a Top End camera during sportsman eliminations for the jumbo screen so the fans can see the close racing. In hindsight it doesn't seem our decision to not record Bruno's round one race was one of our best moves either.
Bobby, I don't think a camera would help. Most fans don't get, or care about people getting on he brakes at the finish line. That's why nobody watches et brackets, and even fewer will watch the throttle stop cars. Nobody is ever going to watch us since the soft indexes has made everybody "fast".

Just my opinion....
Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427_ED View Post
Wasn't Jason Line banned from NHRA?
Why in the hell would Jason Line be banned from the NHRA?
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #16
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Why in the hell would Jason Line be banned from the NHRA?
I think he got caught fudging about twenty years ago with a stocker.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
Bobby DiDomenico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Bobby, I don't think a camera would help. Most fans don't get, or care about people getting on he brakes at the finish line. That's why nobody watches et brackets, and even fewer will watch the throttle stop cars. Nobody is ever going to watch us since the soft indexes has made everybody "fast".

Just my opinion....
Ed,

Guess so, but we could still try right? Since they relocated the near finish line stands to 1000' (?) at Joliet and disconnected the speaker there, we don't go down to watch from those stands anymore. Drag races are visually won or lost at the start and finish lines (unless something breaks in between) and you can't see the finish line from the starting line, nor now, even the finish line from the finish line! The .90 cars with the throttle stops coming off staggered have all the drama at the finish line and only two people can see it. Very sad.

Joliet also needed (and still needs) an underground passageway from the north side to the south side about mid way down track. If we think a near 2 mile pit drive was hard, just think about a two mile walk to the pits from your car. A lot of friends don't come because of it, they just cannot walk those 4 miles plus any other walking. One guest remarked they should have moved the track over and had everything on one side.

It was amazing to watch the way fans left the stands in droves when the Fuel car sessions ended and the Pro Stocks or Alcohol cars came out of the tunnel. They didn't leave the stands that fast when it rained!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #18
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

I had been away for about thirty years, when I started going back to watch a few. Couldn't believe how the stand emptied after the fuel cars. That is about all most spectators watch anymore. Maybe a third stay to watch Pro Stock, if that. Most of them leave when the sportsman cars come out.

Back in the '60s and '70s the stands used to be packed at divisional races.

No more. And people complain we get treated like filler. Guess NHRA sees the people in the stands too. I'm glad we still have a place to play.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
cad

Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts

During the Sunday driver intros, Mike Edwards was asked who he would vote for the extra spot in the K&N Horsepower Challenge. He said Warren Johnson...why not vote for someone that cant catch you??? Hmmm.

In regards to walking...I was at Joliet and Topeka spectating, and raced the ET Finals in Topeka last September. For spectating, Joliet is, BY FAR, heads above Topeka. Do a Google satellite and compare both facilities. I may not go back to Topeka to spectate again. Walking is ridiculous there. Every seat at Joliet has a back rest....EVERY one of the them. And they dont charge extra to sit in "Blaine Johnson" seats.

Joliet was a great experience...except for the tornados that were 5 miles south of our hotel.

Clark Doukas
Omaha
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
Bobby DiDomenico

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
During the Sunday driver intros, Mike Edwards was asked who he would vote for the extra spot in the K&N Horsepower Challenge. He said Warren Johnson...why not vote for someone that cant catch you??? Hmmm.

In regards to walking...I was at Joliet and Topeka spectating, and raced the ET Finals in Topeka last September. For spectating, Joliet is, BY FAR, heads above Topeka. Do a Google satellite and compare both facilities. I may not go back to Topeka to spectate again. Walking is ridiculous there. Every seat at Joliet has a back rest....EVERY one of the them. And they dont charge extra to sit in "Blaine Johnson" seats.

Joliet was a great experience...except for the tornados that were 5 miles south of our hotel.

Clark Doukas
Omaha
Clark,

I'd think he'd want you to vote for the guys cutting .190 lights!

Never been to Topeka, but Joliet had a Brittany Spears concert when it was new (they said it was going to have many concerts when it opened, and a road course, I wouldn't want to be the one who couldn't make the right turn and hit that brick wall trying to head under the tower tunnel) so all the seats had to have back rests. The traffic jam for that was so bad many with tickets did not even get in to see it. To build anything without seatbacks is lunacy.

Not sure what the Blaine Johnson seats are, but they do charge more for the south side vs the north side. Did you notice many of their food stands were closed? Had a friend who searched and finally gave up looking to get a cup of coffee.

Ed,
They sure looked packed for the Norwalk Divisional! I remember when the Grove would have fans in the stands as far as you could see, now I'm afraid to walk that far down at night it is so barren. The foot prints have become fossilized.

Last edited by Bobby DiDomenico; 06-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.