HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
ericsz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt gear breaking problems....

I have broken 2 gear in the last 5 weeks. This is a 12 bolt 1969 Camaro with Moser Axles, I am using a transbrake and yes they were both street gears, the 1st gear had been in the car right at a year, it let go coming out of the water box, it was set at .012 lash, the one I broke Saturday had .004 lash in it, it lasted 2 weeks. This gear had 11 teeth sheered off of it in a row and they were full teeth taken off, wear marks on the gear show it and the pinion were perfectly in the center of the gear. If you have read my any of my previous posts you know I have been having some hooking problems, I put some spring shackles on the car and also put on a set of 28x10.5-15 instead of the 9 inch tires, I also added 100 lbs in the trunk, let me tell you it was awesome, the car packed the wheels about 3 ft high and carried them about 20 ft, then the next round I put the car in neutral and shut if off to let it coast into the lanes and I heard CLICK CLICK CLICK, i knew it was just a matter of time went out let go of the button and then BOOM! Could the weight have played a part in this??
ericsz is offline   Reply With Quote