HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

MY PROJECT! a 79 - 93 Mustang w/ a Chevy 350ci/350hp SS Crate Engine, Summit Fabricated Valve Covers, Weiand Team G 7531 Intake, Quickfire Technologies Q-Series 750cfm Carb. Lemons Headers, 8 point roll cage. Do you guys think that sounds like it would be worthy of being a full time race car? OR Do you think I should just build it as a street car?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! KU!!!

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.
dragster2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
rayfin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you guys think? Drag car or Street car?

I think you're a dreamer.
rayfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

The engine might break out with hives.....................
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow. thanks for the encouragement and advice guys. i thought i could come on here and get some simple advice on here but no. you guys have to be dickheads to me. thanks. I really appreciate it!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster2006 View Post
wow. thanks for the encouragement and advice guys. i thought i could come on here and get some simple advice on here but no. you guys have to be dickheads to me. thanks. I really appreciate it!
First of all the question is misleading at best. If you wanted an answer be more specific. This is mostly a class racer forum. If your looking for kudos for putting a Chevy engine into a Ford you wont find it here. If you have specific questions on building a class car most on here would be glad to help. Most on here wont find anything special about cross breading manufacturer componets. They are die hard fans of a paticular brand. What you have is either a bracket car or possably a 10.90 S/ST car or an over done street ride. Your choice. If you already built it then fine.....use it to your satisfaction. If you have not started the project I suggest you do not. Its still your choice. As far as Chevy engines in a Ford.....I guess some would say it would cost less and stay together longer. I recieved your email and started to tell you off but thought you most likely really dont know what your doing so I have responded in the best way I can and how I feel about a car such as this. Have a nice day.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 09-14-2009 at 06:03 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
First of all the question is misleading at best. If you wanted an answer be more specific. This is mostly a class racer forum. If your looking for kudos for putting a Chevy engine into a Ford you wont find it here. If you have specific questions on building a class car most on here would be glad to help. Most on here wont find anything special about cross breading manufacturer componets. They are die hard fans of a paticular brand. What you have is either a bracket car or possably a 10.90 S/ST car or an over done street ride. Your choice. If you already built it then fine.....use it to your satisfaction. If you have not stated the project I suggest you do not. Its still your choice. As far as Chevy engines in a Ford.....I guess some would say it would cost less and stay together longer. I recieved your email and started to tell you off but thought you most likely really dont know what your doing so I have responded in the best way I can and how I fell about a car such as this. Have a nice day.
That still does not make up for the fact that you had to put your two cents in and contribute to shooting me down, that is not why i joined this forum. I strictly joined this forum so I could get advice and ideas from other racers, NOT to be shot down and humiliated. And for your information rayfin I am NOT dreaming i have an 89 cobra it IS set up for a sbc, AND that sbc IS being built for me as WE speak. So you can keep being jerks to me all you want thats fine. I will be the better person here and I will say nothing more, because I am not here to argue.

Last edited by dragster2006; 09-10-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
That still does not make up for the fact that you had to put your two cents in and contribute to shooting me down, that is not why i joined this forum. I strictly joined this forum so I could get advice and ideas from other racers, NOT to be shot down and humiliated. And for your information rayfin I am NOT dreaming i have an 89 cobra it IS set up for a sbc, AND that sbc IS being built for me as WE speak. So you can keep being jerks to me all you want thats fine. I will be the better person here and I will say nothing more, because I am not here to argue.
oh and i might wana add this too. i DID post this in the bracket portion of the forum NOT THE 10.90 INDEX FORUM. cant street cars bracket race? I thought that they could do that?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
EricArrow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guy at my former local track runs a Mustang with a SBC...he has done very well with the car including multiple class championships. As for street or drag...thats up to you. If you can make it run on pump gas it could be a fun street car...although I'm not a fan of street racing myself.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
dragster2006

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricArrow View Post
Guy at my former local track runs a Mustang with a SBC...he has done very well with the car including multiple class championships. As for street or drag...thats up to you. If you can make it run on pump gas it could be a fun street car...although I'm not a fan of street racing myself.
i really think its gonna be fun building this car, lol its gonna make a lot of ford fans mad but hey. its cheap. its fast. screw what they think. this is my first car i'm bulding by myself so i am pretty excited to do it. considering the fact i just turned 18 and finally got a job that pays enough so that i can do this lol so im excited.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
You don't read this place much do you? That is mostly what goes on here.

Run 4.10 gears and a semi reasonable converter and you can drive it and bracket race it. But it won't be as consistent without a ton of gear and converter.

Do you already have a race car? Then having a bracket car isn't that much use to you. If you don't, you need to get out there and get some win lights definitely build a race car.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote