Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #21
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,454 Times in 542 Posts
Default Re: Lawsuit over cylinder heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSale View Post
All of the court documents relating to this case are available online for a fee. If anyone is interested in fact finding it can be done. I'm not interested enough to register and pay through the court system, though.
Fact finding?
Dale, there is a quote that says:
"For every fact, there is an infinity of hypothesis"
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:56 PM   #22
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,792 Times in 571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotten View Post
This is exactly what are sport doesn't need right now.
Everyone's laid off and NHRA has to defend a lawsuit related to stock / super stock? What a great time for them to say good bye guys.
Mr. Cotton is a very astute business man....If he is concerned = I am Nervous about the situation.

I have some insights into NHRA - PLUS I am a accountant by education:

If this Virus ends our racing for the year, I am concerned the NHRA organization may well be finished and done anyway.

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 04-17-2020 at 01:33 AM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:50 PM   #23
Bench Racer

Liked 99 Times in 21 Posts

Just my thoughts, observations, and opinions. IHRA survived for 5 to 7 years on potted meat, beanie weenies, and RC colas. NHRA won't last a year under the same conditions.
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #24
Gary Smith

Liked 75 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cour View Post
This Tim guy, just doesn’t get it!
Some things aren't always as they appear. Greg Foreman, Mike Graham, the Langdon Brothers, the Morenos, Richey Pauley and a few other SoCal "long timers" Tim and I both grew up around these guys, and he spent a lot of time doing FE heads with Greg at Dyno Don's shop. Not active as a driver in class racing, he fell deep into the S/SS hole decades ago. Like many others here, Tim's been in and out of this circus, but definitely not a newby by any stretch and gets it. Just my $.02.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #25
Gary Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Deemed illegal?

You are a newbie to the class. Your 10.5 tire racing does not make you an expert in what is involved in Stock and Super Stock racing, especially to building engines for the class.

The modifications in Super Stock cylinder heads in question have been accepted for years. As it has been said before, there is a big difference between those that put a lot of effort and money to go fast and those that do not want to work on their stuff and complain when others go fast. It also pertains not only to Chevy engines, but to other makes too.

There is a lot more to the story that you are aware of and I believe all you are doing is fishing for information and details to create gossip.

Like Jared Jordan stated earlier, which I commend him for, it is better to stay out of it and not get involved in something you do not have the knowledge about and not involved in.
I was kind to Sean Cour's statement only because he doesn't know Tim and I've known the Cour family for a while. But I don't know you and will say you don't know Tim at all either. He and I have both been around class racing longer than many of you racers have even been involved in the sport and seen it all, well before the 10.5 stuff. And I guarantee he didn't buy Kip Martin's car "sight unseen" we both been around Kip as far back when he ran his 352 Galaxie. "Newbie" he is not. He's got the walk to back up the talk when it comes to Super Stock knowledge. I suggest you get your facts before assuming.

Last edited by Gary Smith; 04-17-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Gary Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #26
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Smith View Post
Some things aren't always as they appear. Greg Foreman, Mike Graham, the Langdon Brothers, the Morenos, Richey Pauley and a few other SoCal "long timers" Tim and I both grew up around these guys, and he spent a lot of time doing FE heads with Greg at Dyno Don's shop. Not active as a driver in class racing, he fell deep into the S/SS hole decades ago. Like many others here, Tim's been in and out of this circus, but definitely not a newby by any stretch and gets it. Just my $.02.
Gary, than of all people, he should know better? It’s not received well from this end. Not endearing by any means.
Liked
Old 04-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #27
Gary Smith

Quote:
Gary, than of all people, he should know better? It’s not received well from this end. Not endearing by any means.
Sean you have to agree this is bigger than a black eye for Gulius if it's true because John's name isn't exactly unknown in these parts. What's disturbing is for John to come forth now, instead of much sooner. Tim simply stumbled on a disturbing piece of public information and is very familiar with all the names listed. It makes class racing look bad when money has been allowed to push the envelope until blatantly obvious. We have seen smaller infractions from private owner/builders get heavy handed punishment. Deja vu several years ago when Aluise took NHRA to court for a similar issue after being tossed. Nobody won. All it did was create more friction between NHRA and even between racers. This case will make the Aluise case look like child's play if it goes forward, which I hope doesn't for the sake of the sport. If Gulius and/or all the other engine guys did nothing wrong, there's no issue. But we have all heard it too many times in tech. I pray they can all settle up and Gulius is paid some form of restitution.

Last edited by Gary Smith; 04-17-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Gary Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:36 PM   #28
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Sean you have to agree this is bigger than a black eye for Gulius if it's true because John's name isn't exactly unknown in these parts. Tim simply stumbled on a disturbing piece of public information and is very familiar with all the names listed. It makes class racing look bad when money has been allowed to push the envelope until blatantly obvious. We have seen smaller infractions from private owner/builders get heavy handed punishment. Deja vu several years ago when Aluise took NHRA to court for a similar issue after being tossed. Nobody won. All it did was create more friction between NHRA and even between racers. If Gulius and all the other engine guys did nothing wrong, there's no issue. But we have all heard it too many times in tech.
He probably should know the facts before he shoots off his mouth. I know the facts, and it's not something you "hear standing around in tech." In my father's 50 years racing NHRA Super Stock, he didn't depend on hearsay to form an opinion.
Liked
Old 04-17-2020, 10:39 PM   #29
Gary Smith

Quote:
He probably should know the facts before he shoots off his mouth. I know the facts, and it's not something you "hear standing around in tech." In my father's 50 years racing NHRA Super Stock, he didn't depend on hearsay to form an opinion.
Sean I edited my comment, I'll pm you out of respect for all involved.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #30
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,454 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
I was kind to Sean Cour's statement only because he doesn't know Tim and I've known the Cour family for a while. But I don't know you and will say you don't know Tim at all either. He and I have both been around class racing longer than many of you racers have even been involved in the sport and seen it all, well before the 10.5 stuff. And I guarantee he didn't buy Kip Martin's car "sight unseen" we both been around Kip as far back when he ran his 352 Galaxie. "Newbie" he is not. He's got the walk to back up the talk when it comes to Super Stock knowledge. I suggest you get your facts before assuming.
You don't have to be kind to either Sean or I; we are all adults.
Like Sean stated earlier, the problem with the posting is making comments without knowing all the facts of the case.

By the way, I am very familiar with PACER and you just don't "stumble" into information or just falls on your lap. PACER is a legal search database and you must perform the search on a specific term, name or phrase.

Therefore, my speculation is the search was performed based on statements made by others, rumor, casual talk or gossip without knowing the actual facts of the case.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked