HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool NEW IHRA T/S & T/D Class..........

Willhave a class called ELITE 8 at all the NITRO JAM races. They take top 8 qualifiers in each class and run a HEADS UP eliminations during the PRO show. Pay $100.00 to show win or lose if you are in top 8 .Winners get $1,000.00 and r/u gets $500.00.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Mountainmotorman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NEW IHRA T/S & T/D Class..........

To bad it is meaningless to saving what Aaron and Scooter have renamed the series-----

(I) (H)ate (R)acing (A)nymore!

We need Mr. Feld to get rid of them and get real racing brass to keep it alive. IHRA is gone as we knew it....
Old 12-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

They used to always have a Quick 8 Ts Td at the IHRA nats. Maybe they think it will turn out different this time around.Joe
Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny waters sr View Post
Willhave a class called ELITE 8 at all the NITRO JAM races. They take top 8 qualifiers in each class and run a HEADS UP eliminations during the PRO show. Pay $100.00 to show win or lose if you are in top 8 .Winners get $1,000.00 and r/u gets $500.00.
It's a great idea and you'll have to be fast to get in. My guess is 6.80 in TS and 6.40 in TD whata think Danny..oh my TS 57 is ready to go I like this.

Last edited by Tom Joseph; 12-28-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: NEW IHRA T/S & T/D Class..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joseph View Post
It's a great idea and you'll have to be fast to get in. My guess is 6.80 in TS and 6.40 in TD whata think Danny..oh my TS 57 is ready to go I like this.
I think it will depend on which area we are in at the time. You are probably hitting it about right. It will be fun to see how this works out. Good Luck to all.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Marc Kinton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

best part to me? THIS is what these classes were designed for. I can't wait even though all I will see from my new position at the track is the parachutes and the drivers reaction when they get out! Should be a LOT of fun no doubt. 6.80 and .40's will probably be the norm. It's also cool that you can run the eliminator now without interfering with the quick-8.
Marc Kinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
Michael Galofaro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agree it will be a great addition to the class - also lowering the bump for the regular TD field. Which is long overdue.
The TS quick 8 might be a little more on the normal side - but the TD side is going to be VERY fast. Honestly think you will have to run 6.10 to even think you are going to have a shot a qualifying - there will be 3-5 guys in the 5.80 range so fill in the last 3-4 spots . Everyone is gonna come out of the woodwork for this and it's going to be fun to watch.
Michael Galofaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #8
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: NEW IHRA T/S & T/D Class..........

ECONOMICS 101.....spend over $100,000 to $150,000 or more to run for $1000. Real smart???
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
Carl Juliano

Liked 59 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
ECONOMICS 101.....spend over $100,000 to $150,000 or more to run for $1000. Real smart???
Bringing up economics in a racing forum is not smart. Who cares how much people spend? Some people dont put a price on fun, look at at all the "New Cars" in all the other classes.....from the .90 guys to the S/SSTK guys.....its all the same *****. Most of us arent doing it for the $$$. If I had that kind of $ I'd get a new car too....who cares?
Carl Juliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I should start by saying I am fully in support of this idea. I do think it will give more publicity to the class. I do think it will drop the bump spots for the Top Dragster race as well which is not a bad thing. My concern is that looking at the new schedule for a national event it is optomistic at best. Just the idea of running 3 qualiftying runs and first round on Friday is a lot with every thing else that has to happen. Then They are going to run the rest of the race on Saturday along with a seperate 3 round race after that. Are the cars that are going to be fast enough to make this deal going to be able to run 7 rounds in one day? Assuming. that they have a really good day and go rounds in both races. Im probably not one of them that will qualify so Im just asking. Then what happens if their are any delays at all in the schedule? I think its a great step and I really hope it works it will just be interesting to see how it plays out in the real world of rain delays, oil downs and everything else that happens at a race.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote