HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
nomad

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Florida .90 Association

I'd like to find out if there enough interest for the formation of a Florida .90 Association similar to the Mid-Atlantic .90 Association.

I'm willing to put in the time, effort, and funds if need be to make this work.

I'm particularly interested in making sure the .90 racers in South Florida can participate.

What I need from those interested is an email to nomad7@gate.net. Subject line: Florida .90 Association.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Bruce Guertin
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Florida .90 Association

I think you should get with the Southeast Super Gas Asociation and see if you could put something together. They used to race in Florida and Georgia mostly, but of late its been Georgia and one weekend at a track in South Carolina. They have been struggling with car counts and are surching for more participation. They had a very good thing going for a lot of years, but the last few not. Pay 1500 to win, 2 races the same weekend, have payed as much as 5000 to the champion plus contigincy. To me, part of what has happended besides the obvious economy is they went to mostly 1/8 mile racing to try and bring in some IHRA racers. That at the same time drove away racers that like the 1/4 mile stuff.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
nomad

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, Chuck. I'll follow up with that. Is Gene Abbott who I should talk to?

I'd really like to keep this in the Florida area race wise. I think the south florida racers would appreciate not having to travel to Georgia. Any one could race with us though regardless of where they come from.

You're spot on with the 1/8, 1/4 mile thing though. If we raced both there could be something for everyone.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
hookdaddy

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

If you could set up an 8 or 10 race series ( 4 or 5 double weekends ). You could set up the points as something like the best 6 of 8 or 8 of 10 then the travel becomes more manageable.
hookdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Chuck. I'll follow up with that. Is Gene Abbott who I should talk to?

I'd really like to keep this in the Florida area race wise. I think the south florida racers would appreciate not having to travel to Georgia. Any one could race with us though regardless of where they come from.

You're spot on with the 1/8, 1/4 mile thing though. If we raced both there could be something for everyone.
Gene hasn't had much to do with it the last few years because of health issues but he could get you in touch with the people that do. They have it set up for 4 double races for a total of 8 races with your best 5 counting for points.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
nomad

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

don, I have made contact with Rob. we spoke quite while. I like the points thing though. I'm going to be at Orlando tomorrow. tony morris is driving my car as I have one arm in a sling and can't. this is why you see no uppercase in my typing. any way if wade has some time ill talk to him about it again.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Bruce,

I sent all the info out to you on Wednesday so hopefully this will give you a start on how to get everything set-up. One thing to really think about is to keep it simple. When you start getting outrageous on things people start turning their backs to it and it eventually falls apart. Keep it local, find out where your CORE racers are from and put tracks on the schedule that you know will draw the cars. We went to Numidia for over 7 years and just never drew over 20+ cars there with the SG association, we also went to MIR in 2010 but, it was the last race of the season and a few locals showed up and basically the Top 10 in points meaning only 19 cars. The problem was also for a lot of members was we had 2 weekends (4 races) that were having the members drive 4+ hours to the track and it was a lot for a little association. If you are going to do something like that you need to try to make it a guaranteed payout. Now we keep it local at Atco, Maple Grove & Cecil and car counts are at about 77 per event for all 3 classes.

Once again any help you need Bruce I'm here to help out!
Rob
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Bruce, We are finishing our S/C car, and would be more than happy to help in any way we can. I am undecided on the second car as to if it will be a S/ST, S/G car or if I want to go through the trouble of making it SS legal.
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
nomad

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

I had a short hospital stay that has slowed me down a bit. But, I'm still working on this. Rob sent me some info that really helped.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #10
Pony Pilot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd love to see a .90 association where there might be an alternative to driving 5.5 hours to Silver Dollar to run SST. However, being in the FL panhandle, an association in southern FL really doesn't help either. Does the SE Super Gas association ever run SST?
Pony Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote