HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default You Should Have Been There......

Ok, here's where you just tell a good story from the depths of your memory.
Days gone by or current.
Just PLEASE keep it automotive related and repeatable or the thread could go away.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: You Should Have Been There......

You mean like the time back in HS, when I borrowed the 'ol man's new '69 Chevy pickup and with some buddies, after a Friday night football game, we drove up to the Boys Club field, in the dark and did a bunch of donuts on the wet grass, got to the car wash, to clean it up before going home, and thinking I got away with it until my dad came home from work the next day and wanted to know where all the grass and mud came from underneath his truck and all stuck in behind the rear bumper?
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default Re: You Should Have Been There......

Like the time I "out thought" and "out drove" that state trooper. I was 16 (1968) . Ran up behind him late one night. Both of us turned around, me to run, him to catch. Hooked a hard left onto a country road I knew was straight for a couple of miles. Clear moonlit road, shut my lights off and was gone in the dust cloud I left behind. Took the back roads into town. Parked my car behind a grocery store and jumped into my friends car that was parked in the lot out front. Rode around until midnight and thought about how smart I was. Picked up my car and headed home.
Rounded the corner, pulled into the driveway behind the house and.............there sat the trooper car. He and my dad were having a late night cup of coffee in the kitchen. BUSTED!
He said that he never got close enough to get my license number, but, that wasn't really necessary. After all, it was the only red convertible in town!

Dad took my license for 6 weeks and the state got $146.00 of my money.

Lesson learned.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,256 Times in 601 Posts
Default Re: You Should Have Been There......

The year was 1971 and I had my 1970 340 Duster at Puyallup Raceway. Went there with a few friends to have fun. I had made a couple of runs and decided to try the set of cheater slicks that I brought along. Got the tires mounted and pulled into the staging lanes and waited for my turn. It started to rain and we are all sent back to the pits. The rain didn't let up so we decided to call it an evening. Being young, stupid and lazy I decided to leave and go home with the slicks still on the car. I drove all the way home in the rain and kissed the ground when I got there. By the way, the trip home took over 2 hours and was about 40 miles in length. Just so you know, I never drove in the rain with other that street tires again.