HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Hallsville Dragway

http://www.res88.com/93/index.html

There was a thread on here about this before posted by Larry Woodfin. It turned political and nasty real quick and the thread was pulled.
The closure of Hallsville had NOTHING to do with gas prices or politics !! Hallsville was sold and the seller carried a note on the property.A while later it turned ugly and involved a physical confrontation with the cops called and an arrest made. Then the lawsuits started winding up with the new owner declaring bankruptcy.
And the strip hasn't been open since 2005...when gas was CHEAP by todays standards !!!!
And $465,000 for it is rather reasonable.........I hope someone that wants to reopen it shows up !!!!
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Hallsville Dragway

Doubt if someone will even try, some of the people that go there to bet on races caused all the problems as someone got shot. You cant take your family there its not safe so what is left......build houses?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts
Default Re: Hallsville Dragway

I was talking to an old friend that knows a lot about the Hallsville situation. He said "if you noticed the ad said nothing about a Dragstrip" It is being marketed as "Land". He feels it will all end up in the hands of the attorneys that are involved in all the law suits. He even feels the "Bankruptcy" was a form of protection. I think he has some very good points. It's a shame that all this has happened. I cut my teeth racing at the older Hallsville track. The old one had each lane as 2 seperate tracks with grass in the middle, of your car. It also had a stoplight starting system. This is the new Hallsville track that RA Gray built.The last one to operate the track had a dispute with the land owner that had leased,to the track, a portion of the shutdown. (over the hill, past the finish line) That caused the track to go to 1/8 mile because of the short shutdown. The original builder of the track, RA Gray, had some long term lease deal with the landowner & actually paved the shutdown area into the other property. In years past we would leave Texarkana & go to Paris Tx on Friday night & I-20 at Tyler on Saturday & Hallsville on Sunday. Paris was 75 miles west of Texarkana, Hallsville was 75 miles S/W I-20 106 Mi. S/W. There is alot of good racing that has gone on at that track. What a shame!