HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
Dave Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jumper boxes are illegal

I wasn't paying close attention, most that still had the most obvious blinders were the T/F drivers, but my mind and eyes glaze over within about 15 seconds of Paul Page starting in.....I need a way to filter everything but the 32 seconds of racing during the 3 hours of "coverage"... LOL

Dangit!! Hi-jacked it again. sorry, I'll go cut the grass now.
Dave Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

I hate to continue the Highjacking but did any one hear the comment during the vegas race where a driver said something to the effect of "good thing we have the blinders to block out the sun or we would not be able to see the tree" I am going to watch it in the next couple of days and I will let you all know exactly who said it. I got it second hand so I'll have to watch it on the dvr to find out for sure. Also the new thing on blinders now it to use a mirrored shield or the blue one that simpson sells and put the blinder tape on the inside. You cant even see it from the outside it just looks like a tinted blue or mirrored visor. I have seen it on quite of few bracket racers helmets I am sure they are not the only ones doing it.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

It used to say every effort will be made to allow a race to take place between two cars. A reaonable amount of time will be allowed for a competitior to get his car fired. Some tracks decided on their own to post certain rules that clearly state what is and what is not allowed. Allowing your competitor a jump start in order to race is nothing more than good sportsmanship. If it is clearly spelled out that a car cannot be allowed assistance once past a certain point...than that's the rule. I was given assistance when I won a Nat'l event and it was a jumpstart. It was a long time ago and maybe they decided that is no longer acceptable. It still makes sense to me to allow your competitor a chance to race and personally if you need a jumpstart to race me...I'll wait. I'd rather race for it anyday. Some rules are dumb and this one is, especially with the advent of the portable jumper boxes common today. That's my opinion....and I won a Lucas race when my competitor stalled after his burnout......he had numerous people attempting to fix his car so it would refire.....I was in my normal staging routine and unaware of his problem. Again, I would have waited had I known of his plight but they could not fix it anyway......
Old 04-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
. Some rules are dumb and this one is, especially with the advent of the portable jumper boxes common today. .
Rich ,I can't agree on that. You're allowed TWO full size batteries. And this was Sunday Morning for first round !! If it was later rounds and the Stockers were getting ho lapped it'd be a different story.Then maybe some allowances might be made. JMHO......
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #15
76 RACER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sheeeeit,Dave! I bet yer grass aint even green yet and if it is you are sittin on sumpthin anyway that does all the work. Mow the grass......PFFFFTTT! Nice talkin to ya today.
76 RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #16
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kelley View Post
Rich ,I can't agree on that. You're allowed TWO full size batteries. And this was Sunday Morning for first round !! If it was later rounds and the Stockers were getting ho lapped it'd be a different story.Then maybe some allowances might be made. JMHO......
John, that would be even worse. A rule that is enforced sometimes but not others. I can see your point for sure though. The time I was jumped was for the final round and we ran 3 rounds in under an hour in blazing hot conditions......on one battery with no alternator.