HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
Whalen3186

Liked 98 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: After Market Front Brakes

Would you see much of a difference in the medium vs heavy duty brakes when it comes to holding your car on the starting line?
Whalen3186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
mopar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GTX JOHN do you have that part # for the brake kit you run, and what do you think the mph limitt would be . Thanks.

ron waters s/st
mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Chris Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I run mid/high tens at 123+ mph with the 2800 lb rated Wilwoods on our 3995 lb C/SA wagon with stock style drums out back. I stage/leave at pretty low RPM so the starting line is not a problem and they do a pretty good job on the finish line as well. The important thing is maintenance. Once performance starts to taper off it gets hairy fast. The pads are cheap!

I just to love look at the braking systems on old school drag cars and talk to the guys who drove them. Yikes! We've all got it so good these days...

Happy Thanksgiving

Chris Barnes
Wagonsof Steel
Stock #6621
Chris Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I have both the drilled and non drilled on my Dusters, They were the same cost either way from wilwood. I only got the drilled for the lower inertia, The one drawback I see is that you can't turn the drilled ones like you would a regular rotor if they warp.
For the amount of heat we put into them I'm not to worried about the gas escaping, That is more of a problem for the road race crowd. I'm using the stock 6cyl drums front and rear in my A car, But it only run's 122 mph for now.lol. When I get some $$$ saved up it will be getting wilwood's on both end's also.

On a side note one of the guy's I know that ran back in the sixties has a good story about acid dipping his drums to lighten them, It worked great until they bellowed! Not a fun ride in a 130mph super stocker at the top end.....................