HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #21
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: National Event Alternate List

talk to your district racer rep. alternate list is a big problem, and probaly will not work. you do not have to withdrawal till the monday before the race. how many of the alternates are able to get to track on short notice like that? if you change the withdrawal date, how many racers would be upset if they changed withdrawal period.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #22
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Back in the day, there wasn't a quota for National Events. NHRA would mail out a list of events and you would pick which ones you wanted to enter. About 6-8 weeks before that race you would get an entry form to fill out and pay for your entry. All of a sudden, NHRA noticed that there were 100+ cars at a National and only 50 at the Divisionals. Back then there wasn't any Live drag racing on TV. We had to wait a few weeks to see the race. Now with live TV, it's vital for the racers to be ready on-time. I believe this is the driving force behind lower car counts. I'm sure NHRA makes for $$$ from TV than having a few more sportsman cars enter. It's always all about the $$$$.
Dan
SC4698
Liked
Old 04-24-2021, 08:26 AM   #23
Jack Zimmerman

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

For those that may not know, the way the online national event entry system is now is that withdrawals need to be done by 12:00 noon PT on the Monday before an event and entries can be submitted up to 1:00 pm PT on the Monday before an event. So there is an hour when people can enter after all of the withdrawals are made if there are any open quota spots. The only thing is that you need to be able to get on your device to do it during that hour and it's "first come, first served".
Jack Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #24
rognelson777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zimmerman View Post
For those that may not know, the way the online national event entry system is now is that withdrawals need to be done by 12:00 noon PT on the Monday before an event and entries can be submitted up to 1:00 pm PT on the Monday before an event. So there is an hour when people can enter after all of the withdrawals are made if there are any open quota spots. The only thing is that you need to be able to get on your device to do it during that hour and it's "first come, first served".
and you have to be able to take thursday,friday, off work, and more days if travel is necessary
Old 04-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #25
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
and you have to be able to take thursday,friday, off work, and more days if travel is necessary
That's the same if you entered on the first day available.
Dan
Old 04-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #26
rognelson777

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
That's the same if you entered on the first day available.
Dan
somewhat. if i go to my boss monday afternoon and say i need this thursday friday and maybe next monday off, he will say get a new job. if i tell him 3 weeks in advance, usually can get those days off.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:43 PM   #27
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I'd like to tell you it was better being in business for yourself but I can't tell you how many races I've skipped or pulled out of because I needed to be here for work. Working sucks!