HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #3961
ddartdude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Congratulations on a MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!
ddartdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:49 PM   #3962
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

" Get You Some of That"

1,000,000 plus hits!

Last edited by Charlie A; 05-06-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:59 PM   #3963
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Old 05-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #3964
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

hey Guys
My total apologies on what you may consider me abandoning ship here. I am having trouble getting email notifications from any subscribed threads on this site. I used to get an email everytime I subscribed to a thread but now I don't. I tried getting it straightened out with admin here & they tell me it is my Hotmail account that is classifying it as Spam.
From what I'm able to fiqure out it has to be this site, as it won't accept my subscription for a thread.

Anyway............rant over. For the time being I will have to check back here manually on a more regular basis.

I see I missed the 1 million view anniversary. Damn!!!!!!!!! Thankyou to all who have kept this active, albeit a little less active with Paul gone. Miss that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing new to report on the Identity opf my car as of late. Yes, STILL searching with the occasional new name that comes up, but I have nothing new to report on that front.

I've collected ALOT of pictures I have found searching for my car,mostly facebook finds and I'll & make time to post one every day of my findings. Some have been posted here before but there's alot that have not.

Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #3965
Liteweight
VIP Member

liteweight
Old 05-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #3966
Shelby427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Original hemi dart information

Lightweight, new here but I did read though the whole thread. Shame so many of the pictures are gone.

But anywho something I noticed with the dented quarter panel thought.
When I first looked at the silver Dart photo, it to me looked more like a buckle.
Maybe from an over zealous pit crew member shoving on the quarter as the car kicked sideways doing a burn out. But then I started seeing other Darts with similar repair areas. Can't be that many ham handed crew members, so it had to be something else.

What nailed it for me was the silver Dart with the blue side side stripe. No one in their right mind would paint over that big of a dent. And the dent in front of the bumper rang a bell with me.

If a Dart launched hard, twisting to the right, the right rear bumper would hit.
In doing so denting the quarter in front of it. It would also tweak the rt rail. Maybe enough to buckle the quarter. And if the car only had a 3 point roll bar, it wouldn't take a lot to do so.

To add to it, I found some shots of a Dart that got hit on the LEFT rear.
The right quarter, along with other damage, has the signature buckle above/behind the wheel house. If you look at the shot from the left side, you can see there is no support behind the wheel house on the right side. Confirmed by the third shot showing the quarter removed.

Thinking yours may not be all alone, but maybe one of a group that pulled one heck of a wheelie, smacking the rear bumper, and buckling the quarter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	34120   Click image for larger version

Name:	a3.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	34121   Click image for larger version

Name:	a4.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	34122  

Name:	a5.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	34123   Click image for larger version

Name:	a6.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	34124   Click image for larger version

Name:	a7.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	34125  

Name:	a8.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	34126  
Shelby427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:23 PM   #3967
Jack Parris

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

I remember going to the drags back in the 70's and there was a Modified Production 70 hemicuda with a tunnel ram that would buckle the quarter panel in that location on every launch and it wasn't even pulling a wheelie. It always popped back out but boy did it ever flex.
Jack Parris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #3968
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Personal Favorite:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thompsonj01PSDART.jpg
Views:	7048
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	34139  
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #3969
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
Personal Favorite:

Same car & it's for sale Charlie

liteweight

Old 05-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #3970
Liteweight
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby427 View Post
Lightweight, new here but I did read though the whole thread. Shame so many of the pictures are gone.

But anywho something I noticed with the dented quarter panel thought.
When I first looked at the silver Dart photo, it to me looked more like a buckle.
Maybe from an over zealous pit crew member shoving on the quarter as the car kicked sideways doing a burn out. But then I started seeing other Darts with similar repair areas. Can't be that many ham handed crew members, so it had to be something else.

What nailed it for me was the silver Dart with the blue side side stripe. No one in their right mind would paint over that big of a dent. And the dent in front of the bumper rang a bell with me.

If a Dart launched hard, twisting to the right, the right rear bumper would hit.
In doing so denting the quarter in front of it. It would also tweak the rt rail. Maybe enough to buckle the quarter. And if the car only had a 3 point roll bar, it wouldn't take a lot to do so.

To add to it, I found some shots of a Dart that got hit on the LEFT rear.
The right quarter, along with other damage, has the signature buckle above/behind the wheel house. If you look at the shot from the left side, you can see there is no support behind the wheel house on the right side. Confirmed by the third shot showing the quarter removed.

Thinking yours may not be all alone, but maybe one of a group that pulled one heck of a wheelie, smacking the rear bumper, and buckling the quarter.
Welcome here Shelby427.

i have spent alot of time diagnosing that freakin dent on my car both in pictures & on the car itself & am 100% convinced it's not a buckle or from someone pushing on it. The dent is too sharp & defined & continues above the top of the quarter panel. For metal to dent like that it has to be a hit of some kind.

When I looked at your pics of that rear ended red Dart it brought chills to my spine. **** can always happen no matter how nice a car can be.

EDIT: In looking closer at that red Dart hit, it wasn't rear ended but rather took a hard hit DS quarter at the rear by another vehicle or it looks more like it swung into a wall or something when driver lost control and pushed everything over to the right.

I believe this is the tribute Dart that Greg built over at SS & A/FX in Arizona.

liteweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 05-20-2016 at 03:19 PM.