HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 143 Posts
Default Napierville s/ss the "Indy Alternative" news and notes

Thanks to all our friends from the North for another great stock and superstock labor day weekend event. 2 races, 1 Sat and 1 Sunday

Saturday we arrived at 330 pm (late as we had a breakdown) and there had been some showers so we didn't miss any tt's . I knew that Saturdays eliminations would be at night , so I was looking forward to running under the lights. They still gave us 4, yes that is right, 4 time trials. 25 cars made the first rd call and the final was run at 11pm. Made it to the semis and was beat by Pat Kelliher. Pat took out the ss/ga nova of Sean Gaffney in the final with a 007 light and a 1 over 11.94 in the final.

It was in the 60's with a strong tailwind the whole weekend. The baro was lower than expected Sat, but the tail wind made up for it. Sunday the baro went up about .3 or 4

Sunday dawned with some threatening clouds, a shower passed thru but dried up quickly.I did not see any new cars come in on Sunday, the turnout was a little dissapointing, but I think some people stayed home and played weatherman. I was late against Bob LeBrun 1st round and loaded up and left quickly. I am sure someone will post the results here.

A word on crossing the border - - - It is no big deal - - - get a passport and go to some of these races, they are fun, pay a great purse and need our support.

We had no problem crossing either way. I take my motorhome right thru the car section and answer their questions simply and honestly, take off your hat and sunglasses and look at the customs people directly , hand them your passport and they will have you on your way quickly.

Thanks to all who supported the race and helped run it

Please post some results and notes from Sunday

I had to restart this thread as Ken is having a server problem and the post got deleted accidentally. Mat and all who had posted , repost the results please and any and all info would be great.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
mat H/SA

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Napierville s/ss the "Indy Alternative" news and notes

Thanks to everyone who came we had a great time !

Sunday we saw Dean cook breakout against Franco Cantuesi and his brother had a bye run to the final

So it was an all Cantuesi Final witch Giania won, Franco car was broken

Hope to see you all back next year
mat H/SA is offline   Reply With Quote