Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
MEXJOE

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts
Thumbs up BIR S/SS 2011 in-put nedded!

!! Good news !!!
S/SS COMBO IS ON FOR BIR IN 2011

BIR would like some input from racers on what it is going to take to get more stock /super stock races to the track.

Here is your chance to tell-all, and give your ideas on how to make things more pleasing.
Lets all work together & find a SOLUTION to the things that are keeping racers away from BIR.

The way I see it... with diesel fuel looking to be around $4.50 a gallon OR MORE,
the smart money is on the smaller closer to home s/ss races.

Lets all get together and HAVE FUN racing the combo races like we did back in the 90's

See you in the spring!
MEXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 217 Posts
Default Re: BIR S/SS 2011 in-put nedded!

I always like Combos but if they track is not prepped all the way down the track it is a advantage to the Lower HP cars . I watched a track prepped at a combo and they said it was prepped and they were kinda of right the first ten feet was sprayed .
Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEXJOE View Post
!! Good news !!!
S/SS COMBO IS ON FOR BIR IN 2011

BIR would like some input from racers on what it is going to take to get more stock /super stock races to the track.

Here is your chance to tell-all, and give your ideas on how to make things more pleasing.
Lets all work together & find a SOLUTION to the things that are keeping racers away from BIR.

The way I see it... with diesel fuel looking to be around $4.50 a gallon OR MORE,
the smart money is on the smaller closer to home s/ss races.

Lets all get together and HAVE FUN racing the combo races like we did back in the 90's

See you in the spring!
You should get your guys at BIR to call Clay Jones at Bowling Green. They have been very successful with their combo races. Last race we had 61 cars.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

For starters I would say separate races each day. With at least one time shot each day. Much the way they do in Marrion. I know my thinking is probably not the popular one but I would rather see lower entry fee's rather than the high entry so the winner gets a good purse. The way I look at it is I know I have to pay the entry the odds I get the purse are much smaller.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Dyno

Liked 610 Times in 180 Posts

If they prep the track, it can be a great place to race. The race must move along better, way to much down time between classes. Dyno
Dyno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
5343stk

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Have them figure out what they need to keep the doors open, decide on an entry fee that covers all cost's ( racecar & driver, golfcart, camping, dogs, electricity, blacktop parking, security, hiring adequate help,etc ) and let people know.

I believe it would be much easier to have a set price and then people can decide to go or not.

Hire proper help so we can pay for tech cards during entry to facility. Not alot of fun waiting in line in am to pay again.

Make tech inspection smoother. Not alot of fun waiting in line for hours to have tech guy to stamp card because he doesn't need to look over because it's a class car.

It may be the most viable place for us to race this year. You may not win a fortune, but you shouldn't spend one getting there. As long as they don't try to make a fortune on everyone that rolls thru the gate.

I like racing there as much as anyone. I don't appreciate the fee schedule or the security guards on patrol checking to see if you paid all their fees.

Keep it simple so everyone understands. ( kiss method )
5343stk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
You should get your guys at BIR to call Clay Jones at Bowling Green. They have been very successful with their combo races. Last race we had 61 cars.
X 2 !

The guys at Beech Bend did a great job at the August combo race last year. (the only one I got to see)

I was impressed with how smooth it ran.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Todd Curtis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One fee that covers everything would be a good start.

More efficient help at the gate would be great, it seams to take loner to get in here than any where we go.

Move the program along at a better speed.

Anything to speed up tech would also be great.

Another reason why we have not gone is because we know the car count is low not a lot of fun when it is only 12-18 cars.

We need to solve this.

It is a nice facility to race at, it is 100 mile tow for me which is short, Just needs to be less hassle and more cars.
Todd Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5343stk View Post
Have them figure out what they need to keep the doors open, decide on an entry fee that covers all cost's ( racecar & driver, golfcart, camping, dogs, electricity, blacktop parking, security, hiring adequate help,etc ) and let people know.

I believe it would be much easier to have a set price and then people can decide to go or not.

Hire proper help so we can pay for tech cards during entry to facility. Not alot of fun waiting in line in am to pay again.

Make tech inspection smoother. Not alot of fun waiting in line for hours to have tech guy to stamp card because he doesn't need to look over because it's a class car.

It may be the most viable place for us to race this year. You may not win a fortune, but you shouldn't spend one getting there. As long as they don't try to make a fortune on everyone that rolls thru the gate.

I like racing there as much as anyone. I don't appreciate the fee schedule or the security guards on patrol checking to see if you paid all their fees.

Keep it simple so everyone understands. ( kiss method )
^^^Agreed.

The biggest complaint I heard from racer's last year was why we couldn't buy our tech cards at the gate anymore. I'd rather be sitting in the long azz tech lines instead of wasting over an hour in line to buy a tech card.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #10
Dyno

Liked 610 Times in 180 Posts

Yes, what Findell said. I forgot all the junk you have to go through. maybe I won't be going unless this is improved.
Dyno is online now   Reply With Quote