HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Factory Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
david068513

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I was picked to buy a COPO this year? Help me out?

I've never owned one before, I got the email yesterday and talked to a man named curt Collins in GM about it who was super nice and very helpful going over the options with me.

I want to pick the car that would be worth the most if I ever do intend to sell it, but I also don't want to own just a show car. I see they make a collector edition one. 8900 graphic package and only in red

I'm thinking of going hyper blue and with the new 6.2 LT since it would be a new 6th gen and it would have new 6th gen power and a new 6th gen color.

Also how is the tour of the facility if I go pick up the car there? Since it doesn't have a title do I just get a bill of sale or a certificate or something? I have never bought or sold anything with no title so don't really understand all that. If I ever want to sell the car so I just do a bill of sale like normal or what? What all comes with the car proving you owned it?
david068513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Dyno

Liked 525 Times in 173 Posts
Default Re: I was picked to buy a COPO this year? Help me out?

I was also picked in Feb., I could not afford the 100K plus price tag. I would love to have one. If you got the cash, go for it! Dyno
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
V M Kauffman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got one first year. Tour no big deal not much to see. As far as paper work you go to dealer and the car is old with a part #. You get parts counter ticket with the vin # as the part number. The vin is not a regular vin in other words you can not get licensed with that number.
V M Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

If your ever thinking of resale get the red one. I've got a couple of buddies in the car business and they call it "Re Sale Red".
I think a lady told me her Red lipstick said "look at Me" Could go for the red car, too!!

Last edited by Adger Smith; 04-25-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: sp
Adger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
REGGIE WINKLES

Liked 37 Times in 8 Posts

Blue is the new red, right?
Old 04-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,726 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
I want to pick the car that would be worth the most if I ever do intend to sell it, but I also don't want to own just a show car. I see they make a collector edition one. 8900 graphic package and only in red
When I was at the build center last year there were a bunch of the 2015 collector package cars being built. I would bet that it will be the same this year.

Quote:
I'm thinking of going hyper blue and with the new 6.2 LT since it would be a new 6th gen and it would have new 6th gen power and a new 6th gen color.
The 6.2 LT looks like it will be a rare option.

Quote:
Also how is the tour of the facility if I go pick up the car there? Since it doesn't have a title do I just get a bill of sale or a certificate or something? I have never bought or sold anything with no title so don't really understand all that. If I ever want to sell the car so I just do a bill of sale like normal or what? What all comes with the car proving you owned it?
I really like visiting with the guys at Turnkey. It is cool to see them putting the cars together.

You will get a certificate for your car with your name and options on it.

Nobody can tell you what will be the great seller in the future. A lot will depend on how many they build. For now, I would say build what you like and have fun with it.

Good Luck!

Daren

(2012 COPO 006 and 2014 COPO 007)
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #7
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 495 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
If your ever thinking of resale get the red one. I've got a couple of buddies in the car business and they call it "Re Sale Red".
I think a lady told me her Red lipstick said "look at Me" Could go for the red car, too!!
I've always heard it was "Retail Red" as in sell for retail.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #8
Lee Valentine

Liked 322 Times in 68 Posts

I had the chance to get one, that was easy. Telling my wife what Bryan and I had in mind was tough. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #9
Rob Wright

Liked 21 Times in 7 Posts

Aside from resalability considerations you should take a long, hard, honest look at how you intend to use the car & compare that to the complexity of each package before you commit.

Part of that statement includes your potential desires to build-up or modify it down the road & what that might entail.

If you're more of a "screwdriver & timing light" guy but likely to want to tweak on it later, you should avoid anything that involves complex tuning requirements.

You should also consider how much work you want to do at the track for between-round prep.

If you don't mind extra steps for cooldown, etc. the supercharged car might be a good choice. If not, stick to the NA combination that satisfies where you fit in the paragraph above.
Rob Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #10
1971ls6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been to the build center many times and it is a very nice experience, they are true race car guys. While you are there, ask Rinke to show you his pure stock cars.
1971ls6 is offline   Reply With Quote