HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
J Slane

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Class at Gators

I heard they were talking about running class at the points race before the Gators,if so will the car count fill early,maybe it's fake news,just curious ...J Slane
J Slane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Class at Gators

I heard this as well, not real sure how or why since not everyone may attend the division race but as we know they can do whatever they want. As far as quota I would expect it to fill very early because of the anniversary. Would think it will take atleast 5 grade points and if you have 5 be sitting at the computer on Wednesday morning.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #3
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 506 Posts

After the parking issue last year making most of the stock and super stock cars park way back on the road course a bunch of the racers said they would not be returning. if so the amount of grade points may be less that years past. I don't think the 50th anniversary will make much difference to most racers. I didn't think about the issue that some of the racers that go to the gators don't always attend the points race before. Good point James.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

So....NHRA expects me to attend a points meet the week before the GATORS so I can run class Elims for the GATORS ?? Yeah, I will get right on that....That is some brilliant thinking right there....Don’t underestimate the popularity of the 50 th Gators..
There were many racers up here scrambling for that 6th grade point...
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

I hope they run class at the Div. SO ya don't have to put up with all the B.S., I think ya will need a 7 to get in, heard the might run S/SST there as well, so there is 40 or 50 spots off the Quote. hope they pay for class there like normal. and ya can park in the same Zip Code IF you don't stay for National,s.
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Hey Brian, do you know how can I get some information about them running Super Street at the national event at the Gators?
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #7
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I would think there would be no limit on entries other than 128 for Stock if it is run at the Divisional.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

So.......... let me get this straight, I enter the Gators but I have to go to the points meet to run for my Gators Class Eliminations. Now does this mean that I still get to run in Stock Eliminator at the Gators? Do I get a Q run at the Gators? Can any one at the Points Meet run for Class or is it just for the entries at the Gators? If I don't want to run at the Points Meet do I get into the Points Meet based on my Gators Entry ( I know, not likely but a legitimate question)?
If this works out in NHRA's favor, how long will it take before they start running ALL National Events using this system? There is usually always a Points Meet at the same track or in the area of the National Event either a week before or a week after.
Remember the year that the "Pros" raced at Gainesville and the Real Racers raced in Orlando? Maybe the NHRA was on to something. Just think of all of the room that the NHRA would have for Marketing Displays and Carnival Rides if they could get all of those "pesky" Sportsmen to pay a National Event entry fee and race at a different time or on a different track!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #9
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Class at Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Oakes View Post
I hope they run class at the Div. SO ya don't have to put up with all the B.S., I think ya will need a 7 to get in, heard the might run S/SST there as well, so there is 40 or 50 spots off the Quote. hope they pay for class there like normal. and ya can park in the same Zip Code IF you don't stay for National,s.
I would NOT hold my breath !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #10
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Guys this is not that hard to figure out.

They are running class at the gator points meet. If you want to class race show up there. No pre entry, show up pay your money at the gate. Anyone that enters the point meet can run class.

The gatornationals will be run just like a regular national event without class.
This is how it was explained to me.

So if you want to run class and the gatornationals you haft to go both weekends

Billy take a deep breath and relax. People have been asking to have class contested at points meets for a few years now. I believe this is a trial run deal to see how it goes. If it works we my see other div meets try it. Let’s see how it work first before we jump to conclusions.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 11-13-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote