HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #11
Coleydog

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: In search of Jerico Parts

If they don't "support" the "racers", who do they sell the transmissions too?
I guess it's like Dodge, after 10 years, good luck getting factory parts.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #12
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 937 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
If they don't "support" the "racers", who do they sell the transmissions too?
I guess it's like Dodge, after 10 years, good luck getting factory parts.
I phoned Jerico a few days ago, looking for a DR4 mainshaft. They don`t have any, and will not be making anymore. When I asked Scott at Jerico if they did not still have the CNC program for the DR4 parts, his reply was that they have decided not to support the DR4 transmission, and said it was "obsolete". I own 2 DR4s, and have been running a DR4 for 18 years, and have generally be very happy with them. In that time, I have had a transmission parts failure 3 times, which for a race car, I find not too bad at all. What I do find "too bad" is that Jerico apparently turned their backs on the thousands of racers who have supported Jerico by purchasing their transmissions and parts. Until this company decision to leave their loyal customers hanging, I had been very satisfied with my Jerico transmissions. I had been considering buying a new (and much more expensive ) DR4-4 transmission, but if they won`t support me, I`ll be damned if I will give them any more of my money! I asked Scott if I did buy a DR4-4, how do I know that I would be able to buy repair pieces down the road. His reply that would not be a problem , but how can I have any confidence that will be the situation? Personally, I think this move by Jerico will come back to haunt them. Since just about everything in a Jerico was made in house, I do not understand why they chose to not continue producing replacement parts for the DR4.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #13
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

ok, how do I ID a jerico?
it has 2816S stamped in the side of it?
if I can't get parts for it (snap rings, etc), it'll be for sale AS A SPARE PARTS trans...
Old 07-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #14
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

bob mulry check your PM
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #15
Dinsdale

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
ok, how do I ID a jerico?
it has 2816S stamped in the side of it?
if I can't get parts for it (snap rings, etc), it'll be for sale AS A SPARE PARTS trans...
Call Jerico with the serial # and they should have all the info on that trans. That's assuming they haven't decided to stop supplying that info as well. Scott is/was the good guy there and I suspect he's as frustrated with this new direction as anyone.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #16
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

I am sure they think that they will drive New DR4-4 sales. They forgot that the GForce transmissions are out there as direct competitors. There are more choices than Jerico.

I love the Jerico stuff I have, but they are missing out. I am sure they have stats of their most popular transmissions that were made and could stock a percentage of parts. Even if they raised the price a bit, I am sure people could understand that. I also understand that some of the ancient narrow gear stuff isn’t worth making because there isn’t much out there anymore in those models. However, the dr4s are all over and besides some minor differences, a lot of the wide gear stuff interchanges or at least could be upgraded to work with a few extra parts.

I think they are missing out on an opportunity and possibly hurting their loyal customer base.

If I had to buy new, I would have to consider an alternative to Jerico if they are going to be so short sided about long term support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
I phoned Jerico a few days ago, looking for a DR4 mainshaft. They don`t have any, and will not be making anymore. When I asked Scott at Jerico if they did not still have the CNC program for the DR4 parts, his reply was that they have decided not to support the DR4 transmission, and said it was "obsolete". I own 2 DR4s, and have been running a DR4 for 18 years, and have generally be very happy with them. In that time, I have had a transmission parts failure 3 times, which for a race car, I find not too bad at all. What I do find "too bad" is that Jerico apparently turned their backs on the thousands of racers who have supported Jerico by purchasing their transmissions and parts. Until this company decision to leave their loyal customers hanging, I had been very satisfied with my Jerico transmissions. I had been considering buying a new (and much more expensive ) DR4-4 transmission, but if they won`t support me, I`ll be damned if I will give them any more of my money! I asked Scott if I did buy a DR4-4, how do I know that I would be able to buy repair pieces down the road. His reply that would not be a problem , but how can I have any confidence that will be the situation? Personally, I think this move by Jerico will come back to haunt them. Since just about everything in a Jerico was made in house, I do not understand why they chose to not continue producing replacement parts for the DR4.

Last edited by james schaechter; 07-21-2018 at 07:25 AM.
james schaechter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #17
Dana Fitzpatrick

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

I have a friend who has 2 good DR-4's. I told him it might be a good time to sell them and get a G Force.
Dana Fitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #18
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

got this from jerico….i'm thinking it'll get sold (parts tranny)
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #19
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
got this from jerico….i'm thinking it'll get sold (parts tranny)
For some reason this gets pretty blurry when I try to open it. Can’t read it
Old 07-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #20
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
For some reason this gets pretty blurry when I try to open it. Can’t read it

yeah, for some reason I couldn't resize it decent.
if you want, I can send it to your email