HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #61
Signman

Liked 198 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART GAINS MOMENTUM WITH ACCUTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Same distance to the right as on ET dials at finish line. I think 9 spots. Never heard of a concern about that scenario. Why now about the reaction time?

Believe Larry is referring to how Compulink is programmed for dead heat at the finish line:

When the system runs out of decimal places the default winner is the left lane.
Was told this is the case by very knowledgeable people years ago.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #62
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Seems like a great way to slowdown a race program and cause confusion for the fans.
What on Earth are you talking about???

There is absolutely no impact to the flow of the race program.

It is laughable to think that any sportsman drag racing policy would be dictated by impact to the fans!
Old 11-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #63
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

I have experienced the confusion first-hand. At a bracket, using a full tree, in the final I raced a slower dragster. She left first by a few hundreths and her green light was on until I left. She redlighted, then my win light turned on on the scoreboard. It was a weird delay. I'll bet their reaction was one of surprise as well.
I believe that when this was enacted at the Spring Fling, there were only a very small number of runs that were corrected for the double red lights, out of thousands of runs.
Seems we are trying to fix something that may help a small number of races out of the tens of thousands each year.
Back in the day before delay boxes, I preferred being the car leaving first.
Dan
Old 11-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #64
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
Seems we are trying to fix something that may help a small number of races out of the tens of thousands each year.
It is typically about 1.5% of all rounds that are impacted. Doesn't mean it isn't worth making it right if you feel that the worst redlight being the loser is, indeed, right.

My personal feeling is that this would have been implemented a long time ago if the technology had allowed it. It fits in the spirit of all other handicap racing rules.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #65
wagonboy

Liked 26 Times in 5 Posts

Agree with Tony. What I most like about the Idea of TruStart is BOTH drivers have to do their job. The way it is now, anyone using a delaybox with crossover, or leaving at the same time (sst,sg,sc) are killing the tree.

The only person who does not have to " do a good job" at the tree, is the driver of a faster car, who sees the first guy go red. Usually they become lax at the tree ( depending on the split) and are not forced to perform - because the outcome has already been decided. I like the idea of TruStart because no matter what scenario is at the starting line, BOTH drivers need to do their job at the tree.

I also understand that working on your combo is important. However, what if I have spent countless hours working on and spending money on my combo. I have out spent and out worked the person I am lined up agianst, to get my car further under the index than them. Only to leave first because my combo is in a slower class.

I also think it can help the sport by keeping "slower" cars in the mix. If they feel they can be more competitive. Generally speaking, most people come into the sport with a slower car, if they can have some success and be encouraged to stay with it, maybe they stay in longer and grow in the sport. It may only affect a few, but we all know we can use the growth.
wagonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #66
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

This thread is just more marketing hooey for Trustart. I was just informed that NHRA has no intention of ever using this system. All this thread does is stir controversy and create hard feelings.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #67
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
This thread is just more marketing hooey for Trustart. I was just informed that NHRA has no intention of ever using this system. All this thread does is stir controversy and create hard feelings.
Everyone I've explained this to has understood it completely and in fact they had made the assumption it was always in force. They understood you are running your own race and it is just compared to the competitor on the other lane. Closer to perfect wins if you stay in your lane.

Seems odd NHRA would not even consider input from racers and fans (the people who pay to watch) yet then again they haven't addressed fuel cars crashing into the vehicle in the other lane past the finish line and still being declared the winner so I'd guess anything is possible.

And that talking head on TV who proclaims "Every ticket is a pit pass" clearly has never been to Texas. Not only did I have to purchase extra cost pit pass tickets for everyone in 3 families to get on the racer side and see the cars, they forced me to purchase a $26 ticket for a 5 month old baby. Did they think he was gonna sit there and watch the races. Really??? Clueless.

Guess which track and sport lost 3 potential families that said they aren't coming back.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #68
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,411 Times in 1,682 Posts

Quote:
Well, I know that Bruce's sources are usually impeccable, but how about this ?
Anybody here, that's overly concerned about this, one way or the other ( that wouldn't be me) , give Peter a call. There's the guy who would know for sure.