HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 07-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #1
Jim Hawkins

Liked 109 Times in 32 Posts
Default Bandimere shut down

Bandimere has been forced to cancel events planned this weekend and beyond due to impossible rules imposed on them by Jefferson county. They had people lined up at the gate today and had to turn them away since they never received a response from the county from a plan for opening they submitted.
Its ok to protest downtown and trash the capital building but do not even think about running your car down the track with minimal spectators.
As Debbie Bandimere wrote in her email to racers "they are setting us up to fail".
They have a go fund me site for legal fees.
This really has me pissed off.
Jim Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:32 AM   #2
CMcAllister

Liked 725 Times in 199 Posts
Default Re: Bandimere shut down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hawkins View Post
Bandimere has been forced to cancel events planned this weekend and beyond due to impossible rules imposed on them by Jefferson county. They had people lined up at the gate today and had to turn them away since they never received a response from the county from a plan for opening they submitted.
Its ok to protest downtown and trash the capital building but do not even think about running your car down the track with minimal spectators.
As Debbie Bandimere wrote in her email to racers "they are setting us up to fail".
They have a go fund me site for legal fees.
This really has me pissed off.
A whole year stolen out of people's lives, out of business's activities, out of the economy, not to mention the costs beyond lost income. People think a business or a person's life can just be paused and then be picked right back up at some point.

Entire sports trashed, not just racing. Not to worry. Dr Fauci got to throw out the first pitch at the Nationals game yesterday while he continues to try to be a rockstar and get rich at it. Too bad he's not a racing fan, along with some of these governors, mayors and health officials. Give them the power to snap their fingers and decide who wins and who loses and the curtain comes down and their real agenda is on display.

Yeah, I'm pissed too. A year of things I wanted to see and do, gone, can't get it back, and I'm not a young man. And for what? Did I mention that I'm pissed too.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #3
Fred Elsass

Liked 214 Times in 29 Posts

I am sure that the Conkey family would like to have their loved ones back. What is wrong with all of you. When the hell has drag racing been worth more than a persons life.

I always thought that there was no cure for stupid. I was wrong. It is all of you who would rather drive on a one way street that goes no where then to help stop this pandemic.

I think that all of you who do not want to obey the common sense rules on how to combat this virus should have stupid tattooed on your wrists so when you turn up at the emergency room you are sent directly to hospice.

Sarge
Fred Elsass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
John Winslow Jr

Liked 273 Times in 61 Posts

Sorry but you can’t shut us all down, if your sick stay home, if your scared stay home. I get that, but leave the rest of us the hell alone. What’s happening in the big cities is coming to your small towns sooner than you think if lock downs continue, those who are not working will become desperate to survive, then what? Don’t try to protect what you have they will try and lock you up then. Sick of it all!!
John Winslow Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Elsass View Post
I am sure that the Conkey family would like to have their loved ones back. What is wrong with all of you. When the hell has drag racing been worth more than a persons life.

I always thought that there was no cure for stupid. I was wrong. It is all of you who would rather drive on a one way street that goes no where then to help stop this pandemic.

I think that all of you who do not want to obey the common sense rules on how to combat this virus should have stupid tattooed on your wrists so when you turn up at the emergency room you are sent directly to hospice.

Sarge
I care about lives of others and respect their space and privacy. I dont understand why other dragstrips, sporting events can open while some are closed. Dragstrip in Phoenix is closed but dragstrip 120 miles away in Tucson is open. How come? Tucson has very good restrictions and people are playing by the rules. I'm sure the good people in Colorado can play by the rules. Very simple spaces between pit stalls empty, masks, no spectators, every other staging lane empty, stay with your car. Sounds like social distancing can work at a dragstrip and has been proved successfully. So why not open Bandimere? Politics is my opinion.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Politics is my opinion.
This is just a PREVIEW of what happens when the DEMS are in charge......Seattle, Chicago, LOUISVILLE, Colorado,....
...THANK the DEMS....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
Casey Miles

Liked 444 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Elsass View Post

Sarge
Common sense tells me that the virus needs a host to survive, that doesn't mean it can live in the wild, so if you're sick stay home. The numbers that the government is showing are crap, there was a young mad killed on a motorcycle and guess what? He was listed as a covid 19 death. You can take your liberal little lamb mind and stay home and let the rest of us live our lives the way we want. If I want to go racing, there should be no restrictions. I served and that's what I served for so that we have the freedom to make our own decisions.

Casey Miles
Stock

Last edited by Casey Miles; 07-25-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: grammar
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:57 AM   #8
Painter

Liked 157 Times in 44 Posts

Casey- Thank you for you service!
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #9
Bill Grubbs

Liked 454 Times in 60 Posts

Fred, if you don’t want to race, then don’t. If you don’t want to watch a race, then don’t. If you want to watch a race but not in person, then watch DragRaceTv or D1TV. Easy peasy.

I like my freedom. I also like to practice Critical Thinking...a skill in short supply these days.
Bill Grubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #10
Bill Grubbs

Liked 454 Times in 60 Posts

Last edited by Bill Grubbs; 07-25-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Bill Grubbs is offline   Reply With Quote