3 7 4.17%
4 10 5.95%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #11
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Please vote here:

Please someone please tell me what we are going to accomplish by combining stick cars ,with the automatics.And don't tell me it will increase the class payouts?The only people that are going to be happy with it are the numerous stick class guys who can kick *** on 95% of the automatic cars.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #12
Gary Summers

Liked 47 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Please vote here:

All stk And superstock automatics and stick cars need to be in separate classes including factory cars
Gary Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #13
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

My vote is for number 2. With some exceptions.
I don't have a problem with combining the stick and auto classes if the horsepower is adjusted to keep the combos equal. The stick cars would have a distinct advantage in performance especially if they are running a liberty clutch less type trans. In my case the stick car actually has a less HP factor than the auto so that would have to be adjusted. NHRA has proven that they don't really have the ability to closely monitor performance and make adjustments as needed. This would have to changed for the better. There really is not many stick cars left. They are much harder to maintain and drive competitively.
Points for records and top 10 qualifiers sounds like a excellent way to bring back some of the performance aspect of class racing. Might even help with the AHFS. More quota at he national events might bring a little more heads up racing as well. I would also like to see the class combo killed and go back to the way it was before that was implemented. More class winners is good for the sport.
NHRA needs to make it easier for the contingency sponsors to participate. This has been a big killer to our type of racing. A class win years ago would pay some money to offset the entry fees and travel cost.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #14
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

I Vote to NOT put a poll on CR that any non racing individual has a choice in the matter when it comes to Rule proposals .
If it's going to be submitted or even considered sending to a Division Rep I would certainly make sure that anyone who votes has a current NHRA # and has attended a few races in the last few years .
Leaving something like this as a open vote just to ANYONE . Just seems silly .
Our Div7 rep does not take anything said or done on CR into consideration just for this very reason .
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #15
Kevin Panzino

Liked 550 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Aceves View Post
I Vote to NOT put a poll on CR that any non racing individual has a choice in the matter when it comes to Rule proposals .
If it's going to be submitted or even considered sending to a Division Rep I would certainly make sure that anyone who votes has a current NHRA # and has attended a few races in the last few years .
Leaving something like this as a open vote just to ANYONE . Just seems silly .
Our Div7 rep does not take anything said or done on CR into consideration just for this very reason .
YES! Thank you Bob! I wasn't going to comment on this "poll" but you took the first step, so I had to jump in an agree with you .

Also a real poll (as opposed to a "poll" created in an attempt to show everyone they got the answer they want) wont include intentional negativity in the some of the options.
Kevin Panzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #16
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Sorry guys it wasn't meant to be a scientific poll nor was it meant to be submitted to anybody least of all by me. In fact I'm not even qualified to have an opinion. Just trying to see if there was any interest at all in Ed's proposal in this day and age.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #17
B Aceves

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Sorry guys it wasn't meant to be a scientific poll nor was it meant to be submitted to anybody least of all by me. In fact I'm not even qualified to have an opinion. Just trying to see if there was any interest at all in Ed's proposal in this day and age.
I just want you to know my post was more of a suggestion Mr Mark .
Your still able to come to my trailer and Have lunch anytime , and your opinions are respected in our trailer as well .. 👍
B Aceves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #18
Pete L

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Please vote here: 1

I like everything in Ed's proposal except combining Stick & Automatics.
Pete L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #19
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Just so everyone knows back when I originally pitched this idea it was sent to all SRAC reps. They were to get with their racers and discuss. Nhra advised me they were going to get with all reps before getting back to me. I'm starting to get a ton of heat about sticks and autos. Back when I pitched it most were for it. Now the winds are changing. I'm ok with that. We need dialogue and discussions on the matter. I'm a state trooper so I have thick skin. In the end if they put national records back into play and make class mean something again I will have succeeded here. Time will tell....Good luck to everyone this year. If your going to Baytown I will see you there....Ed
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #20
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Aceves View Post
I just want you to know my post was more of a suggestion Mr Mark .
Your still able to come to my trailer and Have lunch anytime , and your opinions are respected in our trailer as well .. 👍

I think that we should put up a poll on whether Mark can come over to our trailer and visit.....