HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #11
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default Re: Live Chicago

Don will be out of the hospital today. I was talking to Jim from JDM, Don wants the car fixed and ready for Indy. Don is a trooper, Its going to be lots of work, but knowing Don and Jim it will be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3190.jpeg
Views:	748
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	40920   Click image for larger version

Name:	3184.jpeg
Views:	752
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	40921  
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #12
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 842 Times in 192 Posts

Truly of the nicest gentlemen out there. All the best to Don.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #13
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts

I've been relaying information to Ken about Don's condition. Thank you Ken for keeping everyone up to date.

I spoke with Don on the phone this morning and he is definitely in pain as to be expected because of his 4 broken ribs and sore shoulder. They are going to release him today and he will be heading home tonight. The hit was hard enough to knock him unconscious. I will be traveling to Don's on Sunday to see the car. Don is one tough guy, he vows to have the car ready for Indy. His car is a legend and the most raced Cobra Jet on the planet.

I want to give a most sincere thank you to NHRA for all their help, they took care of his car putting it back in the trailer while Don and Ron were at the hospital. They loaded his golf cart, his tent, his coolers and his table for him to make sure it was all secure through out the night.

Big thanks to Danny, Pat, and Richie for keeping his car and his trailer secure.

Thanks to the safety safari for getting him out in one piece. They took their time, kept him safe, and did minimal damage to the car getting him out.

After any accident like this NHRA impounds the car and do their own inspection on it. Then it's up to the crew and car owner to get it back to their trailer. NHRA went above and beyond for Don, it just goes to show sometimes it is a big family!

Thanks for everyone's concern and well wishes I will pass them along to Don,

Jim D'Amore
Old 07-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D'Amore View Post
I've been relaying information to Ken about Don's condition. Thank you Ken for keeping everyone up to date.

I spoke with Don on the phone this morning and he is definitely in pain as to be expected because of his 4 broken ribs and sore shoulder. They are going to release him today and he will be heading home tonight. The hit was hard enough to knock him unconscious. I will be traveling to Don's on Sunday to see the car. Don is one tough guy, he vows to have the car ready for Indy. His car is a legend and the most raced Cobra Jet on the planet.

I want to give a most sincere thank you to NHRA for all their help, they took care of his car putting it back in the trailer while Don and Ron were at the hospital. They loaded his golf cart, his tent, his coolers and his table for him to make sure it was all secure through out the night.

Big thanks to Danny, Pat, and Richie for keeping his car and his trailer secure.

Thanks to the safety safari for getting him out in one piece. They took their time, kept him safe, and did minimal damage to the car getting him out.

After any accident like this NHRA impounds the car and do their own inspection on it. Then it's up to the crew and car owner to get it back to their trailer. NHRA went above and beyond for Don, it just goes to show sometimes it is a big family!

Thanks for everyone's concern and well wishes I will pass them along to Don,

Jim D'Amore
Thanks Jim for providing all of this info, and please tell Don that I am praying for his speedy recovery. Also, thanks to the NHRA for doing what they did; we all criticize them when they deserve criticism, now is the time to acknowledge that they did something right.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #15
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Glad to hear Mr Fezell is doing ok, best wishes on your recovery and good luck getting it ready for Indy.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #16
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts

Unfortunately there was another sportsman wreck, this time involving 2 drivers. First round Comp had Lee Zane and Jenny Treadwell facing each other. When Jenny crossed the finish line the rear of her dragster came around and the front of her dragster got into Lee's car. Both drivers were out of their cars and looked to be okay. If you have all access, they did get it on video.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zane.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	40922  
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #17
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Unfortunately there was another sportsman wreck, this time involving 2 drivers. First round Comp had Lee Zane and Jenny Treadwell facing each other. When Jenny crossed the finish line the rear of her dragster came around and the front of her dragster got into Lee's car. Both drivers were out of their cars and looked to be okay. If you have all access, they did get it on video.
This is a picture of Jenny's car. She is D2 Comp Champion. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #18
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

Stock All Stars the way it should be, R2 two A/SA heads-up, no breakout, and no AHFS ( its that race within a race clause) . Way Cool 427 BBC vs 427 FE Ford.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #19
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

They had one heck of a race. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts

Division 3 racers in the finals of Stock, Super Stock, and Comp. Could be a big pay day for Divivision 3 racers.