HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #31
Backyard Bandit

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What Happened To Competition Eliminator Car Counts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Racing View Post
im sorry I dont see any new racers at these events..........more like the really rich middle aged racer.....young people cant afford those cars lol most men cant afford those cars new racers are running the .90 classes or brackets or whaever but deffinatly not pro mod radial or I mean Pro Drag Radial or X275 or all those classes at SGMP
You guys should go to one of these events. You are totally wrong. This is the future of drag racing! This is how drag racing used to be. All heads up racing. Yes, some people dominate because of deep pockets, but its always been that way in heads up racing. Young people get into racing for excitement. NHRA class racing is just too difficult to understand for the novice. By the way, we race a car in Comp and hold the I/D national record.
Backyard Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #32
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look at the stands and starting line area in this video.

Whether you like to admit it or not, "class racing" (in it's current form) will never put fans in the stands. It's just boring and confusing for normal people to watch.

boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #33
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

My personal take on Comp is the 'Diversity' NHRA tries to sell for comp has no buyers. Good guys, work hard, and the group is getting smaller each year. Really too bad, but such is life.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #34
A100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hurt my motor, so I came home to see if I can fix it for eliminations tomorrow

Here is the live feed:.http://new.livestream.com/MotorManiaTV/2014-NoMercyV

I haven't been to a divisional there but today the cars started at the front entry gate and went all the way around to the back gate for the roundy round track. There were another twenty rigs parked on the circle track. The place was packed.

I was up there a couple of years ago and they had over 70 cars trying to qualify for 32 slots. A couple of weeks before Gainesville div had 34 dragster trying for 32 slots in Top dragster. NHRA sent the two dragsters home even though I heard three qualified dragsters broke.They said it would screw up the div points.

. At Ducks race, he added a "B" main with a $1500 pot for the non qualifiers to run for.
That is why the place is packed, he takes care of his racers.
A100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #35
blkjack

Liked 51 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Whaley View Post
comp is pro stock like stock is now super stock
and the blower cars are somewhere in the twilight zone between SS and Comp
blkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #36
Rose Racing

Liked 141 Times in 55 Posts
Lightbulb Re: What Happened To Competition Eliminator Car Counts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard Bandit View Post
You guys should go to one of these events. You are totally wrong. This is the future of drag racing! This is how drag racing used to be. All heads up racing. Yes, some people dominate because of deep pockets, but its always been that way in heads up racing. Young people get into racing for excitement. NHRA class racing is just too difficult to understand for the novice. By the way, we race a car in Comp and hold the I/D national record.
LOL I HAVE!!!!!!! and I AM YOUNG 22 years old. I attended the Shakedown event at Norwalk last year and follow this kind of racing along with NHRA and IHRA Sportsman and im sorry but these guys spen upwards of 50 grand on these cars. They go fast and are heads up but break and wreck a ton like I called them at that race pro downtime they kept doing huge wheelstands and wrecking breaking and blowing up and basicaaly becoming more hasile than excitment but I am going to give them another shot this weekend. I have no desire to race these cars as I will never even afford to be competitive and could never afford the carnage these cars cause. I would much rather watch and race NHRA or IHRA Stock,S/S or Comp and I know with work I could be competitive in Stock or S/S and im sorry but I have no desire to race in the world of he who has most money goes and buys the biggest engine to put in his Fox Mustang and goes out and wins every race.....thats not impressive to me and never will be! MY QUESTION FOR MY GENERATION IS WHERES MODIFIED PRODUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT IT BACK and this happens alot in Drag Radial
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOEdaolOZUw"]Nyce1s.com - Kevin Neal's Drag Radial Mustang Wheelstand & Crash @ Lights Out 3 Radial Revolution!!! - YouTube[/ame]
I would rather race this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCFd2l_DPTo"]COMPETITIONPLUS.TV - LOOKING BACK AT MODIFIED ELIMINATOR - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Rose Racing; 09-29-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: accident
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #37
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Thanks for the video of Modified eliminator. It did bring back memories, I used to attend the races at Atco raceway in the 70's and it got me to thinking, x275 is the modified eliminator of Today. What the old highlight video does not show is the clutch blowing out of the car when the driver hit 4th gear and scattering parts all over the track for at least a 1/2 hour cleanup. Or the axle breaking just off the starting line and the car going into the grass (no gaurdrails at edge of asphalt in those days) and jumping the cables and almost going into the parked tow cars. Did you know that a car actually hit the scoreboard at the end of the track after it jumped the guardrail in the 70"s at Atco.

Thanks for making me think, so hopefully this friday, I will be at maple grove nationals for the sportsman and Saturday at Cecil for the x275 cars. I will let you know which ones I like better.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote