HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #61
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: 2012 Boss 302 in NHRA Stock Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Andrew.....if I remember correctly.....Chris was chasing a gremlin at Indy.....I'm sure he would have gone a little faster otherwise....

Nice job last weekend in class.....

Rock
Alright, well that makes sense. I didn't mean to make this about his car, I'm sure it's as fast as he wants it to be when everything is right. Thanks, it was fun!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #62
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Yes the new cars are underfactored.
What most "Old School" guys don't understand is that the new engines are way closer to their maximum potential from the factory. Racing technology helps improve production technology, correct?
The stock piston rings in a supercharged CJ are 1.5mm, 1.5mm and 2.5mm with a plasma moly top ring and a napier second. The pistons are from Mahle and are anodized and have skirt coating. This is better technology than NASCAR had in the 90's.

Hope this helps.
See you at the races,
Wayne Kerr
Very good observation. I agree with that.

The only problem is that if that was part of the methodology for determining the NHRA rating, it was overcompensated for by a mile.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #63
GeorgeInNePa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker427 View Post
RJ, I don't have a dog in this fight but I find it hard to believe a '11 GT is going 11.90's by just adding drag radials and granny shifing it. I would bet it at least has a tune and a cold air intake. I'm not saying a GT won't do it but it takes a bit more than drag radials to get there.

I have one and have been around these cars a good bit lately. They make great power but 11.90s is a bit of a stretch stock...

I still like my FE too though.....
I have a 2011 5.0 auto.

Back in March at Cecil County, I went 11.88@118 with just a tune and drag radials. The DA was -1600'

A week later at Island Dragway, the DA was +600 and I went 12.09@116.6, again just a tune and drag radials.

That's with the car shifting at 7100. Add a Boss intake and the car will hold the power higher allowing you to shift much higher. A stick car launching 6k and shifting over 7500 would definitely get you into the 120's.
GeorgeInNePa is offline   Reply With Quote