HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #51
B.D.D.2

Liked 25 Times in 7 Posts
Cool Re: The most valuable stocker running at Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy View Post
years ago the wenzel's still had the original motor...it gets my vote.

jack mccarthy

bert's wagon is worth the most at the recyclers !
Why the crack on Berts wagon? Oh probably because he could outrun you by at least a half a second on your best day! Have you even ever ran into the thirteens? Capn Joke is what they should call you,or better yet Capn Jack Off!!!!!
B.D.D.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #52
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: The most valuable stocker running at Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.D.D.2 View Post
Why the crack on Berts wagon? Oh probably because he could outrun you by at least a half a second on your best day! Have you even ever ran into the thirteens? Capn Joke is what they should call you,or better yet Capn Jack Off!!!!!
Go get 'um Jack.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #53
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Munk View Post
I haven't seen him in a year but if Whip Wilson out of Richmond Va.Still has his car. He Is the original owner on his 67 Z 28. Raced it since day 1 may have never won Indy but a nice one owner car none the less.
At VMP last year... (see attached photo)

Re: Bert's Wagon.... I believe that was humor. Wagons weigh a lot. Had Jack been at Indy, I'm sure he could've used his car as an example as well.

When Danny Waters had his wagon for sale, under the asking price on the back window it also said, "or $2/lb., your choice"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG01386-20101016-1007.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	9134  
Old 09-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #54
Mike Keener

Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts

You guys beat me to that one...There isn't a real stocker even close to the value of Wenzel's Camaro!

In fact few know or remember that Dave and Ben also own a 69 COPO 427/425 car that was orginally built special order for Dick Arons. In fact the window sticker on the car said it was built especially for "Dick Arons" and as far as I know Wenzel still has it. They changed the paint on the car but no problem restoring that baby. Last time I spoke with Ben (I wanted to buy it in 1992) they still had the car but that was a while ago. Knowing Ben and Dave they still have it....

By the way the only reason Wenzel got the COPO car instead of Arons was because delivery was delayed and Dick needed a car and couldn't wait. To resolve the late delivery problem Arons settled for a 396/375 car that Berger Chevrolet had in stock so he could get on with his program. In fact there is an excellent restoration article done about this car in Camaro magazine back in 2007 I believe.

MK

Last edited by Mike Keener; 09-06-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Mike Keener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #55
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keener View Post
You guys beat me to that one...There isn't a real stocker even close to the value of Wenzel's Camaro!

In fact few know or remember that Dave and Ben also own a 69 COPO 427/425 car that was orginally built special order for Dick Arons. In fact the window sticker on the car said it was built especially for "Dick Arons" and as far as I know Wenzel still has it. They changed the paint on the car but no problem restoring that baby. Last time I spoke with Ben (I wanted to buy it in 1992) they still had the car but that was a while ago. Knowing Ben and Dave they still have it....

By the way the only reason Wenzel got the COPO car instead of Arons was because delivery was delayed and Dick needed a car and couldn't wait. To resolve the late delivery problem Arons settled for a 396/375 car that Berger Chevrolet had in stock so he could get on with his program. In fact there is an excellent restoration article done about this car in Camaro magazine back in 2007 I believe.

MK
Mike I believe Ben sold the COPO car a few years back. We were talking about that car this summer up at Martin. You are 100% right about Ben's 67 car being the most valuable. I don't know of any stocker besides Ben's that would bring $100k and I think Ben's would go in the right venue for over 200k.