HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Another informal post

The way I see it is that it doesn't matter which of us is right as there are only two facts that are important right now -- the first is that the "new" cars are here to stay and the second is that the NHRA isn't about to back down and make serious changes to the current HP as you have suggested -- so here's the dilemma -- which do YOU need more -- a "new" car or a new sanctioning body ....................At some point you must realize that you can beat the drum as loud as you want but no one is coming .................

The above comment was made on another thread.The question is:
Do we need a "new car" or a new sanctioning body?

I say a new sanctioning body.One who will serve the needs of the org. AND the members.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Bobby Zlatkin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Another informal post

I said this before in a recent post but it went away non-recognized so here it is again.

I feel that something is going to have to change or us & our dinasours are going to become extinct.

I think these stock/super stock associations are a step in the right direction.

As long as the major association controls the rule book, and they do a good job of it, they will keep us on their pupet strings. Enforcement of the rules is a different story. It seems to be a "who you know deal".

I think an independent, non-profit association, needs to be formed to take over the rule book and enforce it. You know, the way it originally was (NHRA = non-profit). In this way more $ could go the the track operators (and they need it if they're going to provide us a good play ground) who need to make a profit. And more $ could go the the racers. This would require a monumental undertaking and I doubt we could unite enough to pull something like this off so, it looks like they've got us until we can join together, with the right leadership, and do something about it.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Another informal post

[QUOTE=Bobby Zlatkin;

I feel that something is going to have to change or us & our dinasours are going to become extinct.

This would require a monumental undertaking and I doubt we could unite enough to pull something like this off so, it looks like they've got us until we can join together, with the right leadership, and do something about it.[/QUOTE]

Yep....I agree but as I see it now,,,,It "AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN". No one will stick together OR support such an endever. Gezzz....Most of you guys wont even support your local Stock and S/S Associations. Its a shame to put on a race and have only about 12 -15 cars show up at one.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Don't have $80K to burn, so I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Who knows what might happen down the road? For me I plan to support our local stock and super stock races and stay away from National Events. In my way of convoluted thinking showing up for National events only condones what NHRA does.