HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #41
Troy Henderson

Liked 105 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Indy- Calling all A Class cars!

I saw 9 cars in A/S...Awesome. Good luck carbureted guys I'm rooting for you as underdogs..
Troy Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #42
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
WOW ! That is very generous of you Gary... Steve will need a Brinks truck to haul away all the loot......
I'm talking about the "Go Get 'em Steve part. If I had that kind of money to be putting up for the run-off, I'd be using it for racing my own car! I'm rooting for Steve not posting for him. Now if I was much richer than I am, not only would I be putting some financial skin in this game, but I would've paid Steve (his price), to bring a fresh Hemi engine to Indy with him, and paid someone to back out of Super Stock, so John Friel could get his Dart into the 50th Anniversary of the Hemi Cuda and Dart SS/AH Shootout this year there! I see Sid Bonnecarrere is entered in Super Stock, and I wish him well there with his 70 Plymouth, but I got to know of Sid racing the Southland Dodge "Cajun Flyer", and wish he was racing that at this years race as well!

I keep playing Publishers Clearing House, and one of these days it'll pay off, and the drag racing world will see the difference in my racing operation (as well as where I race at down the road)! As I get older my level of racing is improving (and I'm doing more racing as the years go by), but it would happen a lot quicker with the help of PCH! I sure want to race in some of the D1-6 races, and Sonoma, plus Pomona more, and I'm working on that. God willing, I will in the coming years, and perhaps be able to shake your hand Mr. Derby City!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 08-17-2018 at 10:15 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #43
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Indy- Calling all A Class cars!

A/Stick Ford Racer Bill Feist is kicking in to the A/ Stick racers $150 to the winner and $50 for runner up!

If a spot opens up at Indy he will try and bring his 428 Mustang stick down to compete as well!

Thanks Bill!
Old 08-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #44
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarysZ24 View Post
I'm talking about the "Go Get 'em Steve part. If I had that kind of money to be putting up for the run-off, I'd be using it for racing my own car! I'm rooting for Steve not posting for him. Now if I was much richer than I am, not only would I be putting some financial skin in this game, but I would've paid Steve (his price), to bring a fresh Hemi engine to Indy with him, and paid someone to back out of Super Stock, so John Friel could get his Dart into the 50th Anniversary of the Hemi Cuda and Dart SS/AH Shootout this year there! I see Sid Bonnecarrere is entered in Super Stock, and I wish him well there with his 70 Plymouth, but I got to know of Sid racing the Southland Dodge "Cajun Flyer", and wish he was racing that at this years race as well!

I keep playing Publishers Clearing House, and one of these days it'll pay off, and the drag racing world will see the difference in my racing operation (as well as where I race at down the road)! As I get older my level of racing is improving (and I'm doing more racing as the years go by), but it would happen a lot quicker with the help of PCH! I sure want to race in some of the D1-6 races, and Sonoma, plus Pomona more, and I'm working on that. God willing, I will in the coming years, and perhaps be able to shake your hand Mr. Derby City!
Oh................
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #45
james schaechter
VIP Member

Exclamation Re: Indy- Calling all A Class cars!

Everyone is getting ready for Indy! 10 cars entered for A/Stick and possibly that many for A/SA as well!

If you watch BG, it is always interesting to see the 1/8 mile times since no one is going to let it out there!

This year, there is outstanding recognition and support for the A Stick and A/SA Shootout!

PAC has been with us 10 years and Jason Youd at PAC wanted to step up and celebrate!

Not only will the class winner in A/S and A/SA get $500 each $$$

PAC also are rewarding the winners of A/S and A/SA a $500 product certificate and an extra $100 if you are using PAC springs on your car!

PAC will also award the Runner Ups with a $250 product certificate.

I wish I had more time to devote to this, because it could get even bigger!

That being said, it is important to recognize the racers, fans and people at the businesses that support these two killer classes!

The winners will receive literally thousands in cash and prizes for CLASS!

Plus, this year we will pay the Quickest first round( class eliminator) Loser in A/Stick $500 cash at the track!

As usual, we will hand out awards and celebrate performance class racing after Stock Teardown Friday night.

It will be at my pit area. We will have some cold beer and will hand out the awards. Stay Tuned to this thread for updates on when we will meet and where the pit spot is.

Remember, Caleb McFarland has possession of the traveling trophy for A/Stick . It is his opportunity to defend his title and keep the trophy another year or present it to a new champion if he does not prevail.

In any case, I just want to thank everyone for the support, especially Ken Miele and Classracer.

Ken and Classracer make it possible for a simple racer to transform an idea into a reality. This is one of the very positive things that the internet can do for us if we take advantage of it.

CLASS STILL COUNTS!

Last edited by james schaechter; 08-26-2018 at 08:36 AM.
james schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #46
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Thanks Jim for what you do to make this shootout what it is. Awesome job every year!!!! Can't wait to watch it all go down.

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA
BRETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #47
t.tosto

Liked 61 Times in 22 Posts

James, thank you for your hard work making this one of the Sportsman highlights at Indy. Hope to return to A/S soon w/Tim's new project.
t.tosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #48
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts
Talking Re: Indy- Calling all A Class cars!

In any case, I just want to thank everyone for the support, especially Ken Miele and Classracer.

Ken and Classracer make it possible for a simple racer to transform an idea into a reality. This is one of the very positive things that the internet can do for us if we take advantage of it.

Agreed 100 %. Classracer has become my favorite internet site !

Last edited by Tim H; 08-26-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #49
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: Indy- Calling all A Class cars!

Many thanks Jim for all of the effort and hard work that you devote to these shootouts every year at Indy. I will be there bright and early on Wednesday morning and I can hardly wait!
Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 AM   #50
james schaechter
VIP Member

Z-28 E Stick racer Casey Miles is donating a detail cleaner car care kit to the winner of A/ Stick! Guaranteed to remove clutch dust! Thanks Casey!