HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 AM   #21
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Intelligent speculation needed - then I guess you can end all the Intelligent speculation needed by scanning the "paid in full" documentation and posting it here?

California is a long way from Indy. Why didn't you stick around for the race?
RocketBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #22
SAL PIACENTINI

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The facts won't change because you call people names. Take your antique picture & shove where you put that 428 when it exploded.
SAL PIACENTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts

Mr. Fulper...Sal is a good guy and camnot see him just ranting his mouth without having any facts. I do not think he would put himself in a "defamation of character" situation without any facts or evidence. Name calling does not solve anything...Why you just don't post your evidence and clear your name?
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #24
FlyingW

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Hello to all,

1st of all I do think peter is on of the all time great's....I thought that well before me and him both got K&N as a sponsor............in all of this the key word to what this is worth is yet..... Give peter another 10 -15 years and some one will pay big money for this car,maybe not a racer but a FAN..........I have a piece of history that we are ready to repaint and show but 30 years ago it was not worth as much as it is now, it's worth more sitting on 4 flat tire's and covered in dust.......due to time. It's dad's 1969 W-31 convertable Factory backed oldsmobile that he drove for the smothers brothers team. why is this car valuble??????? HISTORY,
1. a 5 car stk factory backed team...not Super stock but Stock
2.It was the 1st dream team of racing with T/F team mates of Garlit's,Dwight Salisbury
and the stock team, Willard Wright,Pete Kost,Ron Garey,LoyedWoodland,and
Jimmy Waibel
3. There was only 26 W-31 conv. ever made
4. Dad is now in the Hall of Fame
5. Oldsmobile is no more.
So at the end of the 1969 season there was not that much value in these car's But now 30 years later I am willing to bet there is an oldsmobile fan out there that will give me alot of money for this car.. Maybe not a "racer" but a fan.

my thoughts on this matter...........
Jeremy Waibel
K&N 69 Camaro
NHRA B/SA 2231
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #25
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Children - my name is as clear as a mountain stream. Complete with bear whiz. (you)

Jeremey - thanks for a non-attack response. But I'm leaving this pile and going where other normal cats hang out.

Last edited by Bruce Fulper; 07-11-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #26
Haywood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SSDIV 6 has the right idea. You claimed you have every receipt that shows it is paid in full. If you showed all the paid in full receipts to us you could make us look like chumps. Then you could clear your mountain stream name plus it would be a foundation for your value in the future. Then 30 years down the road you would have a piece of history worth something because of conflict and original base value. I'm sure this proof could go along ways making me think better of you instead of the stories i get from the round table at breakfast.
Thanks
Haywood Jablome. Ooooops
Jeff Stout

Last edited by Haywood; 07-11-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #27
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW View Post

There was only 26 W-31 conv. ever made

my thoughts on this matter...........
Jeremy Waibel
K&N 69 Camaro
NHRA B/SA 2231
You can stop there. The car you own is worth a lot of money standing on it's own. It may have more value as a historical car. But having a W-31 convertible is worth a lot, no matter what year produced. Pull up www.traderonline.com or KBB.com. Look and see how much 1982-1992 Firebirds are worth. Now go to NADA.com. look up w-31 convertibles.

1969 W-31 Convertible has a high retail value of $62,545.

Kelly Blue Book shows a 1987 T/A with a 5.7L TPI, 97,000 miles (average) and every option in the book at high retail of $2,975.00. Same options but a base f-bird with a 5.0L engine is $2,520.00. If Jegs, Biondo, Fletcher or any of the other recognizeable name drivers of today had a SS/GT mid-80's Firebird for sale today what would it be worth? $25,000 to $35,000. That would be winning drivers selling today's technology today. And assuredly they would be cars that have not only won class at Indy, they probably would have stayed for the race and passed a teardown before winning the race.

The car was wrecked in the today. Insurance companies do not pay out on "future value".
RocketBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #28
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

Mr. Waibel, there is no way....absolutely no way, some car from a Biondo, or any of the other current-day hot dogs, will ever be worth anything close to what your Dad's car is worth.

It is vulgar to suggest a truly historic piece such as your Father's W31, is on an equal plateau with some boring-***, cookie cutter, SS/Bowel/Movement car of today.

The only thing memorable from "Hatari", was John Wayne and Red Buttons.
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #29
RIBEIRO RACING

Well, I was going to stay out of this, hoping Bruce would say good-bye and end this scam... Number one I have been racing in Div 1 longer than most have been around and I don't think I have ever heard a bad word said about Sal..Yes, he has been close to the Biondo's/Phillip for a long time and know the real story !!!!
Anyway this sounds like another HUSTLE story like I read on all the Pontiac sites which you can't go on anymore... We really don't want to start bring back all those old Pontiac scam's on to this site... So let's let it go and move it over to your favorite (other) site, where they don't really know who you are ! ! ! Hey Bruce thanks for your understanding, and keep the car out west, we don't need the name calling anymore just facts.....Oh yes, I am a Pontiac racer and have been for almost 20 years, so I do know what I am talking about.... Sal, isn't the problem here................... Dave...1033/stock
Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #30
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Talking Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Dave---You're soooooo right....what started out as a guy looking for some info from his internet "friends" has turned into another OJ "what if".Who cares if it was paid for--the point is about history or lack of (by the way-if it wasn't paid for it adds more to the "story"and its value).This needs to end soon.As for Jeremy Waibel--its so cool for him to be restoring his fathers car--he was racing it just as I started racing myself and as a friend of John Troxell I remember those guys very well--that Olds group were very tight bunch with terrific factory support.And you Dave-well I thought you were into Pontiacs longer than your stated "almost" twenty years--that almost makes you a rookie.Myself--well.....did you know that I was '72 Summernationals G/SA class champ--kind of makes me OLD. Keep in touch pal..............