HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #1

Liked 117 Times in 50 Posts
Default Info/pics on the Mt. Hood Community College class race cars?

There was a series of them, and they were all named "Homework". The only pic I can find on the internet, is of an SS/JA '65 Chevy II:

I'm pretty sure there was a '60s Corvette they ran in the '70s.

And the one that I remember from the '80s, was a very clean '69 Camaro convertible Stocker, presented as an SS/RS Indy pace car, with a white convertible top, white paint, and Hugger Orange stripes. I think it had the orange hounds tooth interior, so it was probably a real Indy pace car.
6130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
Tim Ellis

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Info/pics on the Mt. Hood Community College class race c

I believe Stan Hawes drove the camaro
Tim Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #3
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

The Camaro convert is owned by Craig Bloom (Eastco Machine) who also races a B/SA Camaro. He purchased it from Mt Hood Comm College after they ended their program, Stan Hawes drove it in J/SA with a small block. The car has been converted back to a street car, it got requarter paneled and is now black with white stripes. To my knowledge, it is not an original RS car.

I saw the Homework Nova being bracket raced years ago but have no idea where it has gone since. No idea on the Corvette either.

Jim Caughlin
SS 6019
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-17-2021, 08:25 PM   #4
Paul Bigornia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard that Lee Mathews got the Corvette back as it was his car originally. Lee also drove the Camaro in I/SA when I was going to school there in the early 80's.
Paul Bigornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 11:30 PM   #5
Stan Hawes

Liked 73 Times in 14 Posts
Smile Re: Info/pics on the Mt. Hood Community College class race c

I raced the 69 convertable from 1992 until 2000, I won the Autolite nationals in 1992, the second national I entered. With radial tires and a power glide on a hot slippery track with slapper bars and Vic Hobs help and good luck and Mark Maxwell .001 red light in the finall I ended up in the winner's circle. The car was origionaly red. I switched over to the 69 ElCamino Between the two Mission races in 2000. Give me a phone call at 503-701-0254. I have photps of the car with Homework lettering. Before and after photos of the paint job and new top. The car was very consistant and easy to drive with the power glide. if you want photos and more information on the car call me. Any one who knows me knows me knows I like to remonise about how it was.
Stan Hawes 503-701-0254.
Stan Hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 02:02 AM   #6
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

So Stan, I see that you were involved with facilities of higher knowledge, before founding the Stan Hawes Institute of Technology!
Liked
Old 12-18-2021, 03:22 AM   #7
Stan Hawes

When Kriston Powell was racing top fuel their sponser was JCIT who pushed just on time delivery of parts. He pushed that parts on shelves cut in to profits, he went belly up when his followers had factory shut downs when the parts were late. I told Gary Ericksen that if there was JCIT we needed a **** and this is when the Stan Hawes Institute of Technology was started. I have polo shirts, t shirts, and stickers with my logo. Our message is SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING. It has a lot of fun on and off of the race track. Teachers like the t shirts with the message on the back.

Last edited by Stan Hawes; 12-18-2021 at 03:25 AM. Reason: grammer mistake
Old 12-18-2021, 09:53 AM   #8

Liked 926 Times in 240 Posts

Brookdale Community College had a class car too, I believe a 67/68 Camaro, when I went there in the 80s, there were teachers there that were involved with the car. don't know what happened to it. maybe someone on here does.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #9
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
So Stan, I see that you were involved with facilities of higher knowledge, before founding the Stan Hawes Institute of Technology!
I believe Stan also received a love letter from the Division 6 director at the time regarding the shirts...
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #10
Stan Hawes

No, That was for WAA shirts, hats & stickers. WAA is Woodburn Aggravation Association. was put on probation for one year for conduct detramental to a track operator & unsportsmanlike conduct. Woodburn drag strip is NOT mentioned. It was in retalliation for a whistle blower event that I was blamed for. Jim Sowerds sister was an ACLU attorney in the bay area and offered to take the case. Bye then I was tired of fighting them. My attorney told me I could not win because they would they have a lot more money than me. All I wanted to do was race. A couple of years later I went to LODRS race at Woodburn. Chris Blair Checked with the NHRA legal department for me and they told him that I had to be allowed to enter the race because because I was in the points chase, the Division Director is in charge at a LODRS race. When iI pulled in there were a lot of supprised people, they thought that Livingston could ban me from the property. Crow never tastes good. NHRA even had Rich Carlson go inside my trailer and take pictures of my sign when I wasn't there. I had RV plates on the trailer and Carlson a year or more later told me he illegally entered my trailer at NHRAs direction. Now that I an no longer racing I can talk about the sneaky way NHRA took care of their track owners. Life is like a manure sandwich, the more bread you have the less manure you have to eat. Enjoying the retired life with my hot rod 67 ElCamino and my 67 C-10 panel.
Stan Hawes