HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default A Taste of Hemi ~ 1968 Dodge Charger

Built by B.M. Automotive Repair in Flushing, New York. Does anyone recognize the guy(s) in the video
or know anything about the car which appears to be an original 1968 HEMI Charger R/T? This video
is from 1970 and just look at the condition of this 2 year-old car prior to modifications. A pity.

Last edited by mopar68; 09-06-2016 at 01:54 PM.
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: A Taste of Hemi ~ 1968 Dodge Charger

Must have run in some AHRA GT or Formula Stock class with the Rat Roaster intake (it didn't blow up on start up!).

Anyone know what Jimi Hendrix song that is during the video? I've never heard that one before.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
wv_bob

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
This video is from 1970 and just look at the condition of this 2 year-old car prior to modifications. A pity.
Kind of puts lie to the brag over a car that has always been a race car will be nicer, doesn't it? Other than being driven in the snow, back then race cars probably got treated worse than street cars did. Plus a lot of them put in daily driver duty before conversion so they didn't escape the road salt anyway.
wv_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #4
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
Must have run in some AHRA GT or Formula Stock class with the Rat Roaster intake (it didn't blow up on start up!).

Anyone know what Jimi Hendrix song that is during the video? I've never heard that one before.
New York National Speedway ran under AHRA sanction. Yeah, those Rat Roasters were/are notorious for that. That's why there are more used Rat Roaster bottoms around than tops. Lol.

As far as the song in the video goes, you've got good ears. But then again, it's hard not to notice Jimi Hendrix. :-) The song is called Blue Window Jam. It's from from an compilation of studio recordings from an album called Diamonds In The Dust - The Best of Jimi Hendrix Rare Studio Recordings.

Pete
Old 09-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
Kind of puts lie to the brag over a car that has always been a race car will be nicer, doesn't it? Other than being driven in the snow, back then race cars probably got treated worse than street cars did. Plus a lot of them put in daily driver duty before conversion so they didn't escape the road salt anyway.
Especially in the New York city area. Well, at least the car was resurrected and transformed into a race car. I wonder what became of it afterwards?

Pete
Old 09-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #6
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
New York National Speedway ran under AHRA sanction. Yeah, those Rat Roasters were/are notorious for that. That's why there are more used Rat Roaster bottoms around than tops. Lol.

As far as the song in the video goes, you've got good ears. But then again, it's hard not to notice Jimi Hendrix. :-) The song is called Blue Window Jam. It's from from an compilation of studio recordings from an album called Diamonds In The Dust - The Best of Jimi Hendrix Rare Studio Recordings.

Pete
Thanks for the info. I've bought a lot of crap that Jimi did way before the Experience days and they kept releasing a lot of stuff after his death. I think I heard his sister Janie has gotten the rights back, so things have improved. It looks like that track is on the Martin Scorsese CD but is pretty pricey for a 1 CD release. I didn't see the Diamonds in the Dust CD available. I'll check with one of the gals from HS. She owns a large record store in Florida called Banana's. She probably has something on it.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L Miller View Post
Thanks for the info. I've bought a lot of crap that Jimi did way before the Experience days and they kept releasing a lot of stuff after his death. I think I heard his sister Janie has gotten the rights back...
Lol. Me too. Janie is Hendrix's "sister" only because Al Hendrix adopted her after. Nothing more. Not many people have good things to say about her.

Anyway, back to cars...

Pete

Last edited by mopar68; 09-07-2016 at 02:49 PM.
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:49 AM   #8
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

In the first pics of the car is shows white doors panels In there they are form a 69 GTX, not a Charger

Last edited by 4406mopar; 06-06-2017 at 05:27 PM.
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #9
GL PERF

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OMG. I grew up in Flushing and I remember that 66 Coronet in the video driving around town. I thought it was the coolest car I had ever seen because it was so loud. I was 9 years old at the time. LOL Great memories. Thanks for sharing
GL PERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #10
mopar68
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL PERF View Post
OMG. I grew up in Flushing and I remember that 66 Coronet in the video driving around town. I thought it was the coolest car I had ever seen because it was so loud. I was 9 years old at the time. LOL Great memories. Thanks for sharing
Thank you for sharing your story!

Pete