HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 08-31-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
chasracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry BLP Racing Products - wow!

Feel like I just got bent over and f******!!

Decided to order two of their alcohol needle and seats. Read a thread where they can help with the needle and seat getting stuck sometimes.

Needle and Seat - $18.00 each - okay, pricy but okay.

Ask how much the total of the order will be, $36 plus shipping. I should have asked about the shipping.

Got hit for $20.21 for ground service shipping. They could have easily been tossed in a USPS Priority bag for about $8-$9. And the mailman will pickup their mail just like he does every week day so they didn't have to go out of their way. I mean we're talking about a few ounces for each needle and seat - right?

Live and LEARN - again.
chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
n5ifi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: BLP Racing Products - wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasracer View Post

Decided to order two of their alcohol needle and seats. Read a thread where they can help with the needle and seat getting stuck sometimes.

Ask how much the total of the order will be, $36 plus shipping. I should have asked about the shipping.

Got hit for $20.21 for ground service shipping. They could have easily been tossed in a USPS Priority bag for about $8-$9. And the mailman will pickup their mail just like he does every week day so they didn't have to go out of their way. I mean we're talking about a few ounces for each needle and seat - right?

Live and LEARN - again.
Those are the titanium needles and seats, right?
I've used them for a while now and never had a problem with them.
Shipping charges have always been resonable.

Last edited by n5ifi; 03-03-2017 at 11:21 PM.
n5ifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
GL PERF

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

UPS shipping rates have gone up considerably in the past year. Most business ship via UPS or Fedex, I'm not sure I would bash BLP for shipping charges. If you didn't specify to ship USPS then you can't fault them. It's not a regular mailman pickup either, Sorry

Last edited by GL PERF; 03-03-2017 at 04:14 PM.
GL PERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Whenever I ship something for a customer I always ask them which way "WOULD THEY LIKE TO HAVE IT SHIP"and we do not profit from the shipping. They should have said it by mail and insured. You shouldn't have to pay 3/4 of the price of your purchase in shipping. Treat Customer with respect and common sense.CR
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
Mike Rietow

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasracer View Post

Live and LEARN - again.

BLP is top notch, i know because ive been doing biz with BLP for 20 plus years.

With that being said id imagine there's a real good reason BLP doesnt use envelopes for shipping. This comes to mind because of a recent purchase.

We just got a dominator carb for our heads up Ultra Street nitrous radial tire car from BLP. Nice unit i might add. It came to us double boxed from UPS. Well guess what? You got it, one of the bowls was damaged and the inner box had a hole in it.

BLP took care of us like champs, but they wanted the boxesas evidence in order to be back compensated from UPS for the additional bowl. BLP didnt double box, although they may now.

Now imagine an envelope.
Mike Rietow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 652 Times in 252 Posts

I remembered this topic when I ordered idle feed jets and 2 circuit metering blocks. I called them direct when I saw the shipping fees when ordering on line were crazy. When I called they apologized and quoted a fair shipping amount.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
Bucky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Whenever I ship something for a customer I always ask them which way "WOULD THEY LIKE TO HAVE IT SHIP"and we do not profit from the shipping. They should have said it by mail and insured. You shouldn't have to pay 3/4 of the price of your purchase in shipping. Treat Customer with respect and common sense.CR
That certainly makes sense. I have had an experience like the OP with another vendor, and it leaves you with the feeling that the vendor isn't looking out for you. Should we check when we order? Obviously. Sometimes we let our guard down when we have strong trust or confidence in a supplier.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #8
Todd Gross

Liked 52 Times in 23 Posts

I used to request USPS Priority when ordering from Total Seal. The last time I ask for that they said that they would no longer ship USPS Priority. Said that things were getting lost and the insurance was not covering it, so they quit using USPS.
Perhaps the same for BLP. They've always been good to us.
Now UPS...not so much.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:12 PM   #9
Shake & Bake

Liked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Thumbs up Re: BLP Racing Products - wow!

BLP has treated me well over the years. I've got air bleeds, jets etc... from them. Always had what I needed and delivered right to my front door at a fair price. I have no complaints.......
Shake & Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts

Not knowing the from / to zip codes, a small box via UPS or USPS is $21 now? Wow. We just shipped almost 900 boxes of treats and supplies to troops overseas via the USPS Large Flat Rate Box and they were only $18.90 each. How much do these things weigh?
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote