HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #21
Mack Reeves

Liked 45 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Johns View Post
Jeff, the option you got me is fantastic . Is it the only one made so far with the supercharger??

Irv, shhhhhh, not everyone knows of that option........ You will get the CJ haters focusing on you......
Old 12-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #22
D.Holly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Johns View Post
I have # 006 with a 6.1 purchased from the worlds largest Dodge dealer in Houma La.LOL. I have ran it at Div 3 race at Bowling Green, the U.S. Nationals,Jegs Sports Nationals,Memphis National event. Mine ran 9.74 at Memphis in AA/SA .Will be heading to Pomona soon for the 50th Winternationals. Either A/SA or AA

Irv, Good Luck at the Winter Nationals. Great looking car.
D.Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #23
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Wink Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Irv, yours was the Kenne Bell option BT9.6. The new option is an 871 I took off of an old crew boat and sent to BDS. This one will be the new BT12.8 (PSI). Should help the launch. This will be on the Fiat 500 option only. But don't tell nobody. How many pro stock players you think gonna be in the mix before it's over? Or pro players period? Shades of Top Stock. I heard Mike Keener was trying to get a Challenger for Paul Mercure to drive, but the same people with the global warming crap said the world would tilt on its axis if that happened. More reports as they become available. Trust me this is all true.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #24
Irv Johns

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Jeff, Did you ever see the movie Used Cars? They said Trust Me. LOL. Did you know Allen Johnson is also get a Drag Pak with the 5.7 engine?
Irv Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Irv, yours was the Kenne Bell option BT9.6. The new option is an 871 I took off of an old crew boat and sent to BDS. This one will be the new BT12.8 (PSI). Should help the launch. This will be on the Fiat 500 option only. But don't tell nobody. How many pro stock players you think gonna be in the mix before it's over? Or pro players period? Shades of Top Stock. I heard Mike Keener was trying to get a Challenger for Paul Mercure to drive, but the same people with the global warming crap said the world would tilt on its axis if that happened. More reports as they become available. Trust me this is all true.
Yeah right......Like Mike Keener and Paul would drive an automatic.....LOL.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #26
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Talking Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

You know Irv, I have seen the movie. It inspired me. Actually I have been looking at Wal Mart when the hugh cardboard box of dvds that are 3 bucks is in the middle of the isle for the movie. I just discovered it is available online, so I am going to order one. Mercure was going to drive the new Pedal-N-Metal 6 speed that was developed by Kevin Helms. Works like this Shift 4, pull lever for drive shaft overdrive, pull second lever to engange warp drive in differential. I figure the Jeggy car gotta be a manual. You can't make this up. I think it's a 6.1.

Last edited by Jeff Teuton; 12-06-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: forgot something
Jeff Teuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #27
MANSRACING

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

As of right now there are five cars in the mpls. area.Car #22 belongs to Chuck Lofgren,# 26 belongs to Larry Curtis & # 11 belongs to Fred Hanson all have 6.1 motors.I was also told that none of the Drag Pak motors have pistons in them that have been approved by NHRA.The pistons do not have a part # on top of them.Bruce From NHRA is working with Diamond pistons & the engine builder on this problem.I would hold off on bolting that oil pan on.

Randy
MANSRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
Chris "drooze" Wertman
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks , Ill give him a call on this tommorow.

Thanks for the 3, Weve not got 20 of the 50 listed.....

Please let me know of anyone else.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSRACING View Post
As of right now there are five cars in the mpls. area.Car #22 belongs to Chuck Lofgren,# 26 belongs to Larry Curtis & # 11 belongs to Fred Hanson all have 6.1 motors.I was also told that none of the Drag Pak motors have pistons in them that have been approved by NHRA.The pistons do not have a part # on top of them.Bruce From NHRA is working with Diamond pistons & the engine builder on this problem.I would hold off on bolting that oil pan on.

Randy
Chris "drooze" Wertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #29
Irv Johns

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Randy, when did you hear this about the pistons? Jeff Teuton has one apart I guess he can ck that out. Also Jeggies car is going to be a automatic I heard.

Irv
Irv Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #30
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

The number is on the bottom of the skirt. I'll look at it tomorrow. It is still apart. Those motors are all standard bore and stroke. I think it would be hard to find a place to put it on the top, but I'll see tomorrow. Got me interested now.