HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #11
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

If a crate motor has a series of specs and hp or cubic inch rule and can be teched the difference is????
Modified SS cars are how different from SS cars and GT cars?
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Tod Lane

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Do you suppose a casual fan knows the difference between a 245 horse 350 and a 255 horse motor? Do you suppose pure and extinct is better than contaminated and viable?
Personally, I kind of like the idea of new combinations revitalizing the class with new blood. An LS6 454 in a second gen Camaro, a Crate 302 Ford in an T-bird. Why not? Stock suspensions, stock interiors, crate motors subjected to the same scrutiny as other stock combinations... And it could help with the cost of building a class car.

Last edited by Tod Lane; 01-08-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Clarification
Tod Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
KEN BUGAJ

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

Xx

Last edited by KEN BUGAJ; 09-23-2017 at 08:12 AM.
KEN BUGAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bruce, im not trying to be too bitter, i understand what you mean about racing NHRA and IHRA but poeple that run crate motors do not get the same benefit to do so...i just thought we are all racers we all race for the same reasons.....but then you get Mr Rhodes saying carte motor cars would dilute the class....i just don't see any problem .... and ive never seen a crate motor car fail a tear down but i sure do hear alot of those other SA cars faling tech....
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Why not change the term to SPEC motor?
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #16
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

do NHRA stockers not have specs.......my motor is the same as a motor in a 95 mustang infact the sonly diff. is intake and carb no efi..everyhting is just the same as o/sa or whater a 95 mustang 5.0 runs in....
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
Bruce, im not trying to be too bitter, i understand what you mean about racing NHRA and IHRA but poeple that run crate motors do not get the same benefit to do so...i just thought we are all racers we all race for the same reasons.....but then you get Mr Rhodes saying carte motor cars would dilute the class....i just don't see any problem .... and ive never seen a crate motor car fail a tear down but i sure do hear alot of those other SA cars faling tech....
when you built or bought your car, did you not have the option to go either crate motor or traditional stocker? were you unaware that NHRA didn't run crate motor cars?

IHRA has always run classes that NHRA did not (pure stock, formula stock, GT Stock, crate motor). I have no problem with IHRA racing, plan to do somethis year. But when you build a combo that is specific to IHRA then complain when the NHRA guys don't want to allow it is like buying a lot in a golf course community and complaining when they won't let you put a double wide on it. you knew the rules going in. Did you see how much opposition there was to allowing AA/S and AA/SA in NHRA? And that was just a weight break for existing cars. People complain that there is not enough heads up racing, and too many classes as is. How many more would crate motors add? Class Wins already pay NOTHING, do you think NHRA wants to give out 100 wallys in a 128 car eliminator field?

Last edited by Chad Rhodes; 01-08-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Chad Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

actually when built the car DAD ran the car in n/sa and o/sa yes i know NHRa doesn't run crate motor cars....but you can't tell me a fan cares mor about weither your car is supposidly a orgional stocker ive never seen a 68 camero with a factory 396 run 10.30's in quarter mile you say thats stock B/s....we chose to do crate motor because NHRA tracks aren't thriving in north or south carolina and the money on computers for efi is outrageous. we chose what was best for us...i just don't see your significant difference

I just want to add i love all race cars including the NHRA legal stockers and super stockers....im currently building a ss/ka car i just would like to bring both cars if i ever did run NHRA...

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 01-08-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
KEN BUGAJ

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Smile Re: Crate Motor Class

Xx

Last edited by KEN BUGAJ; 09-23-2017 at 08:13 AM.
KEN BUGAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #20
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN BUGAJ View Post
OK, How about GT/Stock ?
Like the SS class has...
Newer cars with a stocker type motor.
now THAT may have merit, as long as it goes both ways like the current NHRA rules. And i say that only because they already exist in SS