HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default ASE sellout in USA

I tried since Monday to reschedule my ASE recerts. THey did not answer the phone all day at the test center so Iemailed them. They DID NOT attempt to contact me thru their helpdesk info provided to me online and phone.
The test center finally answered. It was some real dummy who did not know what ASE is. I explained and after a minute or so he says, oh the car thing. Yes at this point I realize I'm dealing w a (your favorite word or slang here).
He gives me another number, I call and a voice comes on which I do not understand. After 4 tries I figure it out, she says she is in MALYASIA. Yes that is right. I give my info, I'm out of luck, lose my 125. Its not reallylost, only those who say you need certifications. I've worked with ASE masters who would screw up a peanut butter jelly sammich, lol.
I will let my recerts go till I'm told otherwise Ineed them.
This country is going down, grab a rim before you go down with it.
On my lastre cert I believe I was contacting Iowa, and the lady was lovely. I hope she is not unemployed now for this another sellout for greed.
Anyone get the email for certifying people w 1 year experience to change oil. Corporate greed at its finest. Selling us out everywhere.
What is your experience. Mine is on LI NY.
Good luck if you have to call.
Still can't get over the guy who works the test center and did not know of ASE. Yes he was American and took over 5minutes to get me the Malyasian number. You should've heard him and another guy looking for the number in the background, heckle and jeckle.
Lastly I asked why no voice mail there, he says we don't need it we are always ready for the calls and help. I asked what he did there Monday, must've been a new prescription for him, lmao.

Chris.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: ASE sellout in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris ok View Post
I tried since Monday to reschedule my ASE recerts. THey did not answer the phone all day at the test center so Iemailed them. They DID NOT attempt to contact me thru their helpdesk info provided to me online and phone.
The test center finally answered. It was some real dummy who did not know what ASE is. I explained and after a minute or so he says, oh the car thing. Yes at this point I realize I'm dealing w a (your favorite word or slang here).
He gives me another number, I call and a voice comes on which I do not understand. After 4 tries I figure it out, she says she is in MALYASIA. Yes that is right. I give my info, I'm out of luck, lose my 125. Its not reallylost, only those who say you need certifications. I've worked with ASE masters who would screw up a peanut butter jelly sammich, lol.
I will let my recerts go till I'm told otherwise Ineed them.
This country is going down, grab a rim before you go down with it.
On my lastre cert I believe I was contacting Iowa, and the lady was lovely. I hope she is not unemployed now for this another sellout for greed.
Anyone get the email for certifying people w 1 year experience to change oil. Corporate greed at its finest. Selling us out everywhere.
What is your experience. Mine is on LI NY.
Good luck if you have to call.
Still can't get over the guy who works the test center and did not know of ASE. Yes he was American and took over 5minutes to get me the Malyasian number. You should've heard him and another guy looking for the number in the background, heckle and jeckle.
Lastly I asked why no voice mail there, he says we don't need it we are always ready for the calls and help. I asked what he did there Monday, must've been a new prescription for him, lmao.

Chris.

Chris, Can you call someone like Lincoln Tech or Wyotech and ask them how are they getting their instructors and students certified?
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
chris ok

ASE of course. Lincoln tech cost 30k to enroll I've been told by a few sources. Better job is selling the program to kids, you can make some big bucks enrolling them.
Back to ASE.
If you sign up and need not speak to anyone, no problem. But I am supposed to re-cert Friday and needed to reschedule. Thatis where the problems begin. Prometric bought them out maybe? They did not know what ASE is, oh the car thingy after a minute of semi deep thought, lol.
I was offered a job at Lincoln tech as an instructor. I turned it down. 20 hours which does not add up for me, poor hours to commute to Queens. Needed full time, they offered p/t 5-9, try getting to NYC in rush hourafter a full time gig, nfg. They are still looking.
Not to putit down, they have some real good kids come outof the program as does Toyota T Ten for many of them. Many do not last after they see what they need to buy to work.
Auto industry is in a tough time, lots of $$$ spent by techs in tools, no pensions often, small weekly guaruntees in private sector and dealerships.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
chris ok

I got off base, Iappoligize.
My poit is they do not take calls in America, they outsource to Malyasia. That is a sell out. They were in Iowa, USA. They spoke English and accomidated you, the consumer who worked to make yourself better. They now employ people who know nothing or are even foreign.
They sold us out. It should be known, this is a race site w many mechanics on it I am very sure.
We need our certs to stay employed in many jobs to keep current pay demotions to less pay regardless of your skills, I've seen it.
I will have to resign up again, in a week.
We used to test in large groups in tech centers, now the new thing is personal testing in a computer lab somewhere. I will find out when I do recert and post my findings.
I've been certified 20 years, and do not like the new procedure. Advantage corporate profitover peoples lives.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #5
TDCRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea i was surprised when i went to re-cert, i thought no big deal we have to do it on a computer. now i have to travel down south jersey somewhere and take 3 recerts and L1 recert so i guess im gonna have to break it up into 2 days traveling back and forth. Been a master tech for 10 years now but starting to become a hassel and its my doing, the boss doesnt really care if i stay in it or not. So guess i got some thinking to do.
TDCRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

fortunately, mine are due now and the boss isn't pushing them so, joke 'em if they can't take a f....and yeah, it's all on computer (so says one of the guys at work) but you'll know right away if you passed or not.
did NOT know they were outsourcing the phones though....oh well, 2 1/2 more years...
Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris ok View Post
ASE of course. Lincoln tech cost 30k to enroll I've been told by a few sources. Better job is selling the program to kids, you can make some big bucks enrolling them.
Back to ASE.
If you sign up and need not speak to anyone, no problem. But I am supposed to re-cert Friday and needed to reschedule. Thatis where the problems begin. Prometric bought them out maybe? They did not know what ASE is, oh the car thingy after a minute of semi deep thought, lol.
I was offered a job at Lincoln tech as an instructor. I turned it down. 20 hours which does not add up for me, poor hours to commute to Queens. Needed full time, they offered p/t 5-9, try getting to NYC in rush hourafter a full time gig, nfg. They are still looking.
Not to putit down, they have some real good kids come outof the program as does Toyota T Ten for many of them. Many do not last after they see what they need to buy to work.
Auto industry is in a tough time, lots of $$$ spent by techs in tools, no pensions often, small weekly guaruntees in private sector and dealerships.

Chris, you missed my suggestion! How does Lincoln and Wyotech get their instructors certified. There must be someone they are connecting.

Eddie
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
chris ok

ASE got back to me Thursday, after trying to contact them Monday. What a group of goofballs. I won't go into things except they send me the same mis spell I sent them schedule. I wrote scedule in my fast type, so they send a e mail to me spelled the same,scedule.
Stupidity or poor attitude on their part, you make the call.
I made sure to let them know, SELLOUT. Most important point to me. I spell better then most, but type too fast for my own lousy 3 fingered type style good.
They say I need 3 days notice, I tried to give 4.

OK, Lincoln tech uses ASE. Very nice people. But I need full hours. Not 20, I understand their thinking but did not fit me.
Wyo Tech, I do not know.
I worked w techs from Toyota T Ten college program at the dealers, and I hope if they stuck it out from back then they are doing great now. Them I helped and that it is important to me. Some things cannot be taught. Its inside us.

Lets see if ASE calls me on my cell. They called my house to see where Iwas Thursday, I wrote friday before, on my own brain mis fire, lmao. I was in North Carolina.

I was working at the 4 wide Nats on JA's Racing Super Comp and Super Stock team, best time of my life. An invite that I cherish.
I must say. Worth losing the couple bucks. Beautiful family who taught me a whole lot over 5 days, I will take this schooling experience James family taught me to the rest of my life.

Chris O'Keefe.

p.s. ASE, ah, whatever, they need some scooling sceduling themselves, lol.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
chris ok

I sent an e mail to ASE outlining my disappointment on a few matters. It was read then passed to the district rep who sent it to the president of ASE who had the district representative call me 2x till I got the call. We spoke for a half hour. He explained the huge process of switching to computer based testing with this new compay, prometric as ACT who tested us previous explained it was for our own good as the expense of the paper test would double, and the agonizing we techs get waiting for results. I was completely impressed with this whole conversation and the direction ASE is going as a whole. The call center is very overwhelmed and I was diverted to Malasia. They are working on that too. It is a big year for them with all the computer based changes, generated to make our lives as techs easier.
I have a whole new respect for what it takes to run a world wide organization, also to the fact they want to know what a regular person as myself expects of them.
I hope you read this message if you read my first.
I am sorry if I turned anyone off. If you have any troubles w testing procedures, do contact them. They want to help, and do their best for us all in this automotive industry we call home.
Thank you, Chris O'Keefe.