HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 12-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2012 TNTSS Rookie of the Year - Jim Thomson !!!

The popular Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series is known for producing many talented sportsman drag racers. To see it, you don't need to look any further than Niagara Falls, Ontario's Jim Thomson - the winner of the 2012 Tim Thorne Rookie of the Year Award, presented by Sam LoVetro Automotive.

Jim won the sought-after award by earning the most points of all drivers new to the TNTSS in 2012.

The highlight for Jim's season is the double race weekend at St Thomas Raceway Park in August where he was in the final both days and took the win on Sunday.

Those results plus a semi-final finish at Dunn Tire Raceway Park earned Jim 627 points in the championship chase - enough to get him into the top ten. Impressive results for his first full season in TNTSS 10.90 competition.

"I would like to thank Sam LoVetro for sponsoring this award in honour of Tim Thorne," commented Jim. "I was really hoping to win this and since I knew Tim personally, it is an honour for me."

Jim was quick to thank Ted Barnes for putting on a great series and Joe Boniferro and his boys because they are always there to help.

"This year was a learning experience for me with throttle stop racing, but it was one of the most enjoyable seasons I have had drag racing. Anybody that says throttle stop racing is not fun or competitive has never done it!"

Jim purchased the Nova five years ago and bracket raced it at Cayuga where he won a championship in 2010. "I must say that the weekend in St Thomas was the highlight of this year for me as I was runner-up on Saturday and won the final on Sunday. St. Thomas has a great track with great staff and I can't wait to go back next year," he added.

"I have to thank my wife Raeann and my two boys Jimmy and Curt. Kevin Goodacre was at most of my races and helped a ton. Gerry Bartel and Bubba Lou helped out this year too and Joe, Ryan, Pat, and Nick Boniferro are always there to help me out. And thanks to my brother Rob from Parry Sound who has helped me for the past couple of years by keeping rubber under the car."

Jim plans to compete in the TNTSS again in 2013, with a few minor changes planned for the car.

For everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country, visit www.tntsuperseries.com .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thomson - STT - 20120804.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	14530