HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #41
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default Re: S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3

I forgot a thank you to Terry Knott, Barb and family for the cakes. Also to Tom Lang for the award and kind words and ceremony on the microphone on Saturday.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #42
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts

Sorry I was unable to participate this year.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #43
Mike Bassin

Liked 117 Times in 18 Posts
Smile Re: S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3

A big thanks to all that participated with the Tri-State Stock / Super Stock race. Everybody was real fast, big wheelstands, big variety of race cars and close racing was the order of the weekend. Great having Mike Carr and mom Wendy, Tom Lang and Carl Schodde Jr. helping to run the race. Very fun as always, we'll do it again next year! Have a great upcoming holiday season, be safe everyone! Mike Bassin track announcer, Mason Dixon Dragway
Mike Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:56 AM   #44
J.R. Schodde 1225

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Smile Re: S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3

First, Happy 40th Birthday to Mike Carr! It was a blast hanging out and working alongside you, Mom, Tom Lang and Ronnie all weekend! It was my pleasure to assist the President with the race this weekend!

In my eyes, nobody has supported class racers more than you have in the last 25 years. In the infancy of the internet, you wrote more articles and posted on more forums explaining basics, rules, quirks, class changes / differences and stats to fans than anyone! Your dedication to the local class racers is unprecedented. You gave us places to race on off “HRA” weekends, and hang out with our extended family once more. You made it worthwhile traveling to tracks with double race weekends and 100% payback every race! I now know why you did it on your own dime all of these years! Seeing the winner take the best parking space at the track at the end of the race (as Kyle Huntzberry said) and celebrating with their family and friends makes it all worth it. Thanks for all your spots on the starting line, the great stories at our many “family dinners” and most of all, your friendship! Happy Birthday! (We will figure out how to keep this great series going)

Second, Thanks to all the racers for their cooperation and support this weekend. Because of you, we were able to finish before the track got too cold after the sun went down.

Third, thanks to Elmer and the entire staff at the track! You kept the show running smoothly, dragging the track to keep heat and rubber on the surface and saw lots of compound down between classes. The burnout box guys were excellent keeping them manicured every pair. I don’t see that everywhere anymore. The starter had everything cleaned and safe before every pass! Announcing was on point with Mike Bassin doing a great job enthusiastically explaining class racing to the fans as always. The ladders and sheets made my job easy! As a racer, I have always appreciated the workers at the track. I appreciate everyone even more now seeing behind the scenes. Give my thanks to all involved at the track!

Next, congratulations to all winners and finalists! The parody was perfect this weekend with stockers, super stockers, and nostalgia super stockers all in the late rounds!

Finally, the story about Jim and Scotty Henderson running it out the back door in the second round to run their first 10 is classic! The 10.99 dial was on the window both runs and it popped up 10.97 @ 120 and a breakout loss. Happiest father and son 2nd round runners up I have ever seen! If I only knew that Scott wasn’t lifting no matter what, I would have put 9.99 on the window!

Have a great winter and I’ll see everyone next Spring!

Carl Jr.
J.R. Schodde 1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:38 PM   #45
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts

Did you have your car there too Carl?
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #46
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

I was impressed by Augustus Adkins low 8.80s at 150
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #47
J.R. Schodde 1225

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

Chris, I missed you and the rest of the mountaineer crew at Hagerstown. After breaking a head at Mike’s race last year, I am probably a week out from the Dyno with the engine. Just ran out of time for this race. I hope to see you early next year somewhere!

Mr. Adkins’ performance was stellar all weekend! I can’t wait to see what he finds over the winter. All 3 AMX’s were flying!

JR
J.R. Schodde 1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-07-2019, 12:03 AM   #48
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 179 Times in 110 Posts

Mason Dixon loves the Club Racers.
Pontiac BOP, Impala, Mopar 6 cylinder racers and our S/SS series.
I missed a few.

Wondering if S/SS can have 3 or 4 races there a year.
MD is attractive because it easy to get to from all the surrounding states.
Only couple miles from the interstate.

Just an idea..
Be interesting to have all the clubs compete against each other on one big meet.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked