HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2007, 01:55 AM   #11
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: $50,000 World Footbrake Challenge

The competition was nuts down there this year. I watched all day Saturday, and it was very impressive.

Check me on this Michael, but I do believe the worst winning reaction time at 8 cars was like .005 or .006, around there.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #12
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

What if we do a 100.00 to enter 100% payback gamblers race on Friday after like 7th round of the race. Ill bet I could talk to Jarad and make it happen. Email me if you are interested I know 3 already that are in.

Herb Jr
nchousebuyer@aol.com
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:01 AM   #13
stockracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Worst winning reaction time .005/.006...Man I thought you footbrake guys couldnt be competitive aginst a button. Only button guys can cut lights like that! Or maybe.......stocker guys can take advice from the bracket guys. It only proves that gettin rid of the button wont make a difference!
stockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #14
Speedracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can you enter the "Footbrake Race" with your Stocker if you have your two-step button mounted on the brake pedal per 2008 NHRA rules,or is this still not considered Footbraking?
Speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #15
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

>> Man I thought you footbrake guys couldnt be competitive aginst a button.

Don't look at me. I've noted on several occassions that I've whacked my share of Box cars over the years. That doesn't mean that Stock should allow delay boxes. I think the World Footbrake Challenge showed that it's not so much Footbrakers crying about 2-steps, but 2-step guys crying that they can't race without them! Props to Lee Zane and the other scant few that bothered to show up to support one of the best races ever contested.

>> Can you enter the "Footbrake Race" with your Stocker if you have your two-step button mounted on the brake pedal per 2008 NHRA rules,or is this still not considered Footbraking?

2-steps are not permitted. I'm sure you could just disconnect the button, but double-check with Jared Pennington or Steve Stites, the race promoters.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #16
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

And 'oh by the way' even Scotty Richardson was nothing but .040's for the first four rounds on Saturday of the WFC. Bogacki was stuck in the .030's until the late rounds Friday night. Lee Zane *started* going Deep on *Sunday* (and had three double-oh's in a row then... but of course they don't allow deep staging in Stock anymore...)

There were a lot of great lights in the late rounds, and that's the stuff people remember, but I was announcing all weekend. I can tell you that almost the entire field struggled mightily with the tree. Just a hunch, but based on what I was seeing out of drivers that I know well, seemed like the rollout was about .03 loose from what most people were used to. I'd say Chris Plott probably had the best average over the course of the weekend.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #17
Jared Pennington

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Racers , don't forget that we will be in Bristol the weekend following the NHRA national event, The track will be great as will the weather in Bristol during the month of May. NHRA Stock and Super Stock racers , you are welcome to join the fun and excitement at the WFC. We are not allowing rev limiters of any kind as starting line enhancers (unless you drive a stick car) and the event will be Footbrake only. We invite you all to attend this great event and you are sure to have a wonderful time. See y'all there.
Jared Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #18
Jared Pennington

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coalburg Racing Promotions is proud to announce the return of JEGS and BTE as sponsors of "The World's Greatest Footbrake Race".

JEGS is the leader in the mail order performance parts business with world wide service on any and all parts for your performance projects. JEGS has once again stepped up and supported the footbrake community by being a part of this great event and CRP couldn't be more pleased with this generous display of support. The Coughlin family is dedicated to the racers that have made their business successful and their on track success is a testament to the quality and durability of the parts they sell. Call JEGS any time @ 1-800-345-4545 or visit www.jegs.com for all of your high performance parts needs.

BTE is the leading high performance transmission and convertor dealer in the southeastern U.S. BTE also handles a large number of high performance products for a variety of applications and their informative and knowledgeable staff offers support and advice that is second to none in the industry. BTE has bracket racers , heads-up racers and NHRA world champion index racers on staff to answer your questions at any time. Feel free to call on them @ 1-800-626-1828 or visit www.bteracing.com for all of your high performance drivetrain needs.

Thank you JEGS and BTE for all you do to support racers everywhere.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #19
Dave Goob Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave Goob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #20
Jared Pennington

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Dave. You da' man.