HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts
Default thought about national event quotas

a friend of mine, that is a current super stock racer, has an idea about how to set the event to a 6 round race. 64 qualified fields in stock and super stock. take the top 64. everyone with the grade points can enter. seems like a good idea to me.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:40 AM   #2
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: thought about national event quotas

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbob67 View Post
a friend of mine, that is a current super stock racer, has an idea about how to set the event to a 6 round race. 64 qualified fields in stock and super stock. take the top 64. everyone with the grade points can enter. seems like a good idea to me.
I don't think the quotas have as much to do with how many cars go down the track but rather lack of space in the pit areas due to the size of rigs.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
Herbie Null

Liked 285 Times in 55 Posts

Quote: I don't think the quotas have as much to do with how many cars go down the track but rather lack of space in the pit areas due to the size of rigs.

Bingo!!! Also we have become a pain in their AZZ, just go up to the staging lanes and watch the fiasco of pairing Stock and Super Stock. We sit in the pits all day complaining about how long it takes to run, then when we are called it takes for ever to pair us up. Guys will get out of there car and just disappear and when they do show back up we have to go through the antics of checking tires multiple times a complete inspection of the car etc. we have had all day long to do this crap in the pits. They should just pair us up with a deck of cards and do away with the ladder all together, this would also help the AHFS due to people could not hold 3 teneths due to they never know when they will get a heads up. I don't like the last part but just saying.

Last edited by Herbie Null; 01-12-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Herbie Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts

The simple solution there is to have random pairing the first 3 rounds with no heads up and give a time limit. If you arnt there within 15 minutes staging lanes closed! We are told way ahead of time when they are going to run,,anybody. There should be no late excuses.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
Herbie Null

Liked 285 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBDIV1 View Post
The simple solution there is to have random pairing the first 3 rounds with no heads up and give a time limit. If you arnt there within 15 minutes staging lanes closed! We are told way ahead of time when they are going to run,,anybody. There should be no late excuses.
If you ever give up heads up runs it will be the end of the class, why would we need no heads up runs? If you can have random pairing for 3 rounds you can have it for 6 rounds. I do like the idea of 3 rounds random pairing, but with heads up runs for all rounds. Have your gun loaded no excuses.

Last edited by Herbie Null; 01-12-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Herbie Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #6
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts

Ok Herbie,,,1 round random pairing no heads up like a National Open. At least that would reduce the field so the officials could pair up alot easier.And also get rid of the Auto Factoring system for Stock and Super Stock. It would be nice to see everyone run wide open and show what you got without being penalized.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
Terry Cain

Liked 222 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Null View Post
Quote: I don't think the quotas have as much to do with how many cars go down the track but rather lack of space in the pit areas due to the size of rigs.

Bingo!!! Also we have become a pain in their AZZ, just go up to the staging lanes and watch the fiasco of pairing Stock and Super Stock. We sit in the pits all day complaining about how long it takes to run, then when we are called it takes for ever to pair us up. Guys will get out of there car and just disappear and when they do show back up we have to go through the antics of checking tires multiple times a complete inspection of the car etc. we have had all day long to do this crap in the pits. They should just pair us up with a deck of cards and do away with the ladder all together, this would also help the AHFS due to people could not hold 3 teneths due to they never know when they will get a heads up. I don't like the last part but just saying.
They don't know how good they have it. Back in the ole days, they didn't call ya to the lanes. You sat in a line ALL DAY LONG to get a pass. Remember many times sitting for 4 or more hrs in line for a pass.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

It is likely a back handed way to get support for divisional races. Add a lot of different categories to nationals. Next limit quotas. That makes many classes fight for grade points even more than ever before.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #9
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 315 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBDIV1 View Post
I think that it would work fine for the Super Classes, but not for the Performance Classes....

What no heads up racing for 3 rounds,,,,,

In a 64 car field, 56 cars would go home without a chance of a heads up race?????

Just Sayin'
Old 01-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #10
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,725 Times in 418 Posts

If you don't want to run heads-up you should find somewhere else to race. There are still lots of footbrake races to go to that don't require long travel. They give out shiny trophies too!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote