Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #61
gbur

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Project Pure Stock Debut-UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyAnderson View Post
WHEW! Just got home from Jackson SC this am. It was a LOONNGGGG Day. Up at 7am, raced all day, finally left the track @ 5pm and got home bout 1:15am! Not to mention the all week thrash to get ready. Put on headers/muffs and got rid of the stock mani's. Gutted everything under the pass side dash. Installed a new chip from Ed Wright (THANKS ED!). Ironically the chip I got with the car was from Ed also. The car picked up pretty good and better yet is waayy more consistent. I tested last wed and went new bests of 12.87 @ 103 and 8.12 @ 82 here is not so great conditions. I did have the extra weight for D out but decided last minute to put it back for Jackson. GOOD THING! LOL! Corbin Mashburn (hope I didn't butcher it) was there in C/PS and his car flat out FLY'S! At legal D/PS weight (3635) I ran a new best up there of 8.11 at 82 and change. Struggled with the tree but did manage to go some rounds on Sunday. All in all I'm very happy with the performance of our lil project and its been a blast meeting many of our new stock elim buds. Now its COFFEE time! LOL!
Congrats
Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #62
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: Project Pure Stock Debut

Thanks Mitch and Gary. Great shot MB! Ironically thats just about our exact placement at the finish line also! LOL! Rookie missed the tree!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #63
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Mitch and Gary. Great shot MB! Ironically thats just about our exact placement at the finish line also! LOL! Rookie missed the tree!
It's just a screen grab from the Live Video. You can still go back and watch the whole weekend, as they archive all the video: http://motormaniatv.com/?page_id=529
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #64
GL PERF

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Project Pure Stock Debut-UPDATE

Quote:
WHEW! Just got home from Jackson SC this am. It was a LOONNGGGG Day. Up at 7am, raced all day, finally left the track @ 5pm and got home bout 1:15am! Not to mention the all week thrash to get ready. Put on headers/muffs and got rid of the stock mani's. Gutted everything under the pass side dash. Installed a new chip from Ed Wright (THANKS ED!). Ironically the chip I got with the car was from Ed also. The car picked up pretty good and better yet is waayy more consistent. I tested last wed and went new bests of 12.87 @ 103 and 8.12 @ 82 here is not so great conditions. I did have the extra weight for D out but decided last minute to put it back for Jackson. GOOD THING! LOL! Corbin Mashburn (hope I didn't butcher it) was there in C/PS and his car flat out FLY'S! At legal D/PS weight (3635) I ran a new best up there of 8.11 at 82 and change. Struggled with the tree but did manage to go some rounds on Sunday. All in all I'm very happy with the performance of our lil project and its been a blast meeting many of our new stock elim buds. Now its COFFEE time! LOL!
Kenny,

it's starting to come together! Best of luck with El Diablo. You're doing an awesome job!
GL PERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #65
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts

Thanks Jerry! Its been a fun lil project and a good learning experience for both the kids and the old man. I think it will be a contender and Kenneth is dying to get behind the wheel!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #66
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Snagged a screenshot from this weekend for ya. Thought you and Dan Fahey would appreciate it.

Pure Stockers side by side, "rookie" El Diablo vs veteran Ray Grice!

Really COOL...
Getting crowded out there..
How do you locate the Qualification List?

D

Last edited by Dan Fahey; 03-06-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote