HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #41
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy
Default Re: Jegs in car stocker video

I take the man at his word, although I still don't think it makes sense.

But if he wants to stop the black helicopter contingent, he needs to take the button out of the car. That tiny little button is a big *** spoon stirring the pot.

I find it hard to believe after letting off of the button on national tv he had no idea someone would notice.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #42
mannymen

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

Remember there are people who are trying to win at all costs. It's interesting what you can do when using EXFO equipment testing dbm levels and that's 8 year old technology.

Pay 10K to anyone who knows what they are doing and you'll get what you want.

Last edited by mannymen; 06-21-2010 at 03:54 PM.
mannymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #43
Larry Munk

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If it were me. I'm sure that I would be asked to remove the button. A few years back after a series of good reaction times I witnessed a good racer remove a great portion of his interior at Rockingham when it was still NHRA. (nothing was found as he still was in the next round) Never saw him complain only saw him comply. Don't have no ax to grind with Jeggie but if there was no button there would be no discussion. It appears that the blinder rule is clear too. I watched that clip and would have liked to have taped it too.

I'm still waiting on the special glasses that show the gray area's in the rule book for the rest of use to be able to read.
Larry Munk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #44
Duane Eiskant II

Liked 54 Times in 32 Posts

The problem here is simple. Jeggie, has a "special edition" west coast rule book.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #45
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Eiskant II View Post
The problem here is simple. Jeggie, has a "special edition" west coast rule book.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #46
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Cool Re: Jegs in car stocker video

I'd like to see anyone who has a problem with that button being in the car do what was done to Peter,back when he was on a tear.He was joined on the starting line by people standing so close to the car they might as well have been in the passenger seat,looking for any movement on the first bulb.
Now he says it isn't functional and everything is ok in NHRA la la land.Button or no button,he's getting beat up pretty good so far.Maybe they should give him an "enhancement" ,for the good of the sport.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #47
Dan Fletcher
Sponsor

Liked 965 Times in 63 Posts

you people are effin' nuts...

Who was that goof ball a few years back that had all the GPS electro whatever gizmo info he was going to share?

Jeggie has the button with NO WIRES attached to simulate letting go, but his foot is whats doing the work with a button on the pedal. It's simply an effort to simulate the style or manner that he's always driven with. But lets face it, he's a great racer, but he hasn't exactly been tearing up Stock eliminator. So for the conspiracy theorists.....

As for the blinder, I have no comment. Every friggin' car in the lanes has all kinds of bull**** hanging up to block the tree. Last I knew, this was a FULL TREE CLASS, as in watch all the lights come down and leave when you feel it's appropriate.

If you want to leave on the top or a pro tree, they have classes for that...

IMHO...

DAN FLETCHER TRAILER SALES

Dan Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #48
WheelsUp
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post

Who was that goof ball a few years back that had all the GPS electro whatever gizmo info he was going to share?

Jeggie has the button with NO WIRES attached to simulate letting go, but his foot is whats doing the work with a button on the pedal. It's simply an effort to simulate the style or manner that he's always driven with. But lets face it, he's a great racer, but he hasn't exactly been tearing up Stock eliminator. So for the conspiracy theorists.....

As for the blinder, I have no comment. Every friggin' car in the lanes has all kinds of bull**** hanging up to block the tree. Last I knew, this was a FULL TREE CLASS, as in watch all the lights come down and leave when you feel it's appropriate.

IMHO...
conspiricy?????
WheelsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #49
Randy Mullins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post

IMHO...
way to go dan !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Randy Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #50
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 681 Times in 264 Posts

I'll take the man at his word.
I still consider it poor judgment on his part to do what he did. Esp. a person of his stature in our sport.
Sorry to say what I saw on T.V. didn't show a closeup to see if the wires were there or not....I guess I can put my Matty Box back in my car... in sight, if I don't hook it up. ;~)

The Blinder: No comment

From wikipedia:
Conspiracy (civil), an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to gain an unfair advantage
Conspiracy (crime), an agreement between persons to break the law in the future, in some cases having committed an act to further that agreement
Conspiracy (political), the overthrow of a government

O.K. where is there really a conspiracy?