HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts
Default We Don't Need A Live From But.........

It would be great to hear how everyone is coping with all of the adjustments.

We all hope that the folks living in the "Hot Spots", NYC, Detroit, West Coast, and others, are safe and healthy. Let us know your OK.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-30-2020, 08:35 AM   #2
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: We Don't Need A Live From But.........

Well, so far my "Sweetie" and I are fine but we are pretty well "isolated" out here. She is our Township Secretary and had to lay off all of the employees the other day but she still has to go to work. I guess that somebody has to answer the phone and sign checks but at least she is by herself. I've been sorting through long-forgotten treasures (read that junk) in my shop.
Hey, the sun is coming out. Maybe today should be a "Junkyard Day"!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-30-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

It's almost April and I haven't made a hit down a racetrack in 2020 and as you can tell by my other post yesterday I'm getting a little antsy. Fortunately though we have been healthy as well as everyone I know. I think there has only been 5 cases of the virus in our county which is good also. Work has been extremely busy all year and especially of late as forestry products seem to be in high demand!! Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
Liked
Old 03-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #4
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 506 Posts

I am happy to report that everyone in my family and friends are healthy at this point. Work has continued as normal on the job. We are trying to employ social distancing as best we can at the job site. I am a commercial construction superintendent and I am building a grocery store and shopping plaza right now. The local counties have put out a safer at home order for non essential work. The traffic on the roads is lighter than normal so some are staying at home.
Over the past couple of weekends I worked on some of my stuff that needed attention. New water heater in the toter. Took the footboards off and sandblasted the rust and peeling paint. Now priming and painting them. Doing some spring yard work. Plenty to keep me busy. I hope the racing can get started again the first of June like planned. I am entered in the Southern Nationals that will now be run at Gainesville.
My wife works in the restaurant business and the shut down of all of the restaurants has been catastrophic for that business. She is still working but most likely her hours will be reduced in the near future. The majority of their employees have been laid off.
I live in the Tampa bay area.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

Just Jane and I out here on the river. Only neighbor is a State park. Yard work where its dry. I have the three race cars ready; Great Race, Lemons 24, and Bluesmobile stocker. All of those events are on hold. Today is clean the shop and throw out most treasures that have not been touched in years. Seldom leave the property if at all. Jake/Justeaux/Phish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0504.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	54355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0503.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	54356   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0502.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	54357  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0505.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	54358  
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #6
Dirk Olson

Liked 122 Times in 32 Posts

I live in La Crosse Wis. Things are pretty slow here and my whole entire family is doing fine. Working on the usual maintenance stuff getting ready for the upcoming season. As for yesterday we had fourteen confirmed cases but no increase and 3 had recovered in La Crosse county. Race season for us does not start till about the middle to end of April but it looks like that will not happen this year. Sometime around the 1st of June will be the earliest. To all stay safe and good luck this season once we get started.

Dirk
Old 03-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #7
joe tysinger

Liked 12 Times in 1 Post

Well, as many of you know, we don't post often on Class Racer, because Patsy always does it for us when we all travel😜. But first, let's all give a huge Happy50th anniversary to Larry and Patsy, and ALSO to Jim and Pam Marshall, which we all would have celebrated in Charlotte, next month, but our love and congratulations to you four!
Alice and I are still in Florida in our RV community near Lakeland...trying to keep our social distance at all times. Quite a few racers are here also...Larry Deforrest,Allen Wade, Tim Lowe, Wendell Howes ( had to return home), Robbie Welch, and Tommy DePascalle. We all consider this to be the safest place, as the Corona Virus is supposed to find it harder to survive in heat and humidity. We miss everyone and our racing events, but the MAIN thing here is that everyone stay healthy, and remember ...the government officials label us the elderly...we'll show them!! Joe Tysinger
joe tysinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #8
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 778 Times in 175 Posts

We just got back from Florida after spending the winter in Davenport (near Lakeland). I was able to spectate at the baby gators and hung out with my Div 1 friends. Also got to meet Rebel Kidd (nice guy). We're back in Massachusetts under lock down. Everyone is safe and healthy. We are limiting our excursions to necessary shopping. I hope everyone stays safe and I'm hoping the powers that be will get a handle on this soon...
Old 03-30-2020, 12:22 PM   #9
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

Here in Tacoma, Washington things are going as well as can be expected under the circumstance. I talk with friends often and can say that ALL of them are healthy at this point. I PRAY for all my friends (both racing and non-racing) and relatives DAILY. I believe GOD will help us through this ordeal. I get out of the house very little. Groceries and gas are about it.

I just dug out my Lego set and 2 boxes of K'nex building sets. This will help bring out the kid in me and help mental health.

Was glad to see the post of your 50th Anniversary. Congrats and many more to Larry and Patsy. Anyone else that has made it that far congrats also.

EVERYONE stay safe and healthy and God Bless You All.

Last edited by Carguy49; 03-30-2020 at 11:26 PM. Reason: more stuff to do
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #10
rboyle

Liked 553 Times in 155 Posts

I'm in Long Island NY and we are considered an essential utility so pretty much business as usual at work. All non essential businesses are closed and restaurants are curb side take out only. So many small businesses are going to be hurt or lost. Lives will be lost and many will be sick at some point. Sorry but the outlook here is pretty negative.
Race car needs some attention but I don't want to ship out to a company that may be closed before the work is completed due to illness or non essential demarkation.
Hope this all ends sooner than later but that is beyond my scope of work.
Stay well and stay isolated.
rboyle is offline   Reply With Quote