Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-30-2014, 04:18 AM   #11
John Duzac

Liked 85 Times in 20 Posts
Smile Re: Division 3 Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1285 View Post
With all the recent bashing of the NHRA, some justified some not, I felt compelled to write a positive note. At the recent NHRA Division 3 race we set the E/SA record. This of course involved a full tear down. This was done outside at the tech trailer. In the middle of it all it started to rain. The tech guys found a Pop Up canopy and put it up over the front of the car to keep myself and my wife dry as well as the car. They also set up a table for me put tools and parts on. Even got me towels. The tech portion, while always stressful, was done in an absolute professional manner and any and all questions/concerns I had were answered swiftly and politely. They used my checking lifters and found them to be a few thou shorter than the lifters in the car and went to the trouble of taking them apart and shimming them to be correct before doing valve lift. After it passed they even helped me put the intake back on as I was starting to suck wind by then. In conclusion I would like to extend a very sincere thank you to Travis and the whole Division 3 crew for making this as pleasurable an experience as one of these things can be. Especially since I was the only knucklehead there to set a record and make them do a tear down on a cold, rainy, crappy Friday afternoon/evening.
First let me begin by saying congratulation on setting the E/SA record! I have been torn down by Travis and company, most recently as in May, 2013, at the Bowling Green National Open, when I set the C/S record. I was treated very well and would recommend everyone to set a record if they can. Last November, I attended the Turkey Trots in Gainesville, Fla. I set the E/S record and again was treated very well by members of the Div. 2 technical staff. I set the D/S record in Div. 4 and was inspected by Don. He was very professional at all times! I cannot say anything but good things about the NHRA technical staff! Running in Div 4, I really miss Wesley Roberson and sincerely hope he make a much needed return as soon as possible! When these tech guys decide to call it quits, we will be screwed. So as far as I am concerned, I feel very fortunate to have able to set national records and equally fortunate to have been treated as well as I have been. One more thing I want to point out. With all of the minimums in the National Dragster, anyone who goes quicker then the minimum, should set the record. Some type of inducement should be given to set a national record, like being awarded points like it was in the 1970's. If NHRA would award points for setting a national record, you would not see too many minimums in the National Dragster. Again congratulations for setting the E/SA record!

Duzac and Peterson
D/S