HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #131
Rat Raceway

Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway
Default Re: Poking the Bear Ford Performance Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D'Amore View Post
Question, was it the manufacturers that turned away the N/A shoot out cars or was it NHRA?

I would say the Manufactures! It is a Manufactures class more than NHRA. NHRA is just hosting it.

If the Manufactures don't put it together, set the rules, it goes away. Pretty much what is happening here with the combo you are requesting. They don't want it, its out, case closed.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #132
Rob Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Raceway View Post
I would say the Manufactures! It is a Manufactures class more than NHRA. NHRA is just hosting it.

If the Manufactures don't put it together, set the rules, it goes away. Pretty much what is happening here with the combo you are requesting. They don't want it, its out, case closed.
Correct. All it takes is an ill-conceived and misdirected combination that cannot compete with two that are very good and you have what you've got today.
Rob Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #133
Jim D'Amore
Sponsor

Okay Gentlemen,

I was only asking Mike D. what his reasoning was for pulling this out of the guide. Since it was in the guide for a period of time and it is still a Stock Eliminator legal combination. I first started asking for an answer, then I had to demand for an answer and the more I poked the bear, the more aggressive he got. The only people who have suffered from this is classracer.com because Mike pulled Ford's 10 year sponsorship due to my posts. Also the 08-12 Cobra Jet owners and myself have suffered. His negative comments and lies he said about me, some Ford enthusiasts took it as real information.

So I have been speaking with Mike's direct boss Mark since the national event in Norwalk. He is a stand up guy, straight forward but does not make a decision instantly. I like him, although he did give me a decision it took him about 3 weeks to make. He had spoke to a hand full of Ford racers that run the showdown class right now. The decision was to not put the 5.4L with 4.0L combination back in the guide for Showdown. He is interested in putting the 5.4L with a 2.9L in for the 2018 Cobra Jet build. This is what we originally asked for in the Showdown class. So a big thumbs up to Mark for that.

As for Mike D. I would still like him to come up here and tell all the Ford racers of his decisions. It would be good for everyone to know his stand point. But until then I am done. Again my apologies to classracer.com and also thank you Ken for keeping this an open forum.

Jim D'Amore
Old Today, 06:53 PM   #134
bry-war

Here what comes to mind....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tumblr_mdrg02Z9ju1qz9y4ko1_500 (1).gif
Views:	3
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	46323  

Last edited by bry-war; Today at 07:00 PM.
bry-war is online now   Reply With Quote