HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #11
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts
Default Re: Stock is not for everyone!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Ok here is the real deal.
Just because you can’t afford a full custom paint job don’t tell the guy that can he can’t have it. If you can’t afford a $30-40,000 engine\ $100,000 car then don’t tell people that can they can’t have them.
The great thing about Stock is there are several ways to race. It can be done relatively low cost with an oddball slower class car. Or if you are one that likes to beat his chest and claim to be king then jump in to one of the higher well populated classes and expect to spend some serious cash. At the end of the day we are all doing it for fun anyway. If it isn’t fun, then find a new hobby. If you don’t like the rules in Stock then find a class that has rules you like rather than trying to change the class to meet your needs.
I keep hearing about how stock\Super Stock is dying yet we have people on this form basically trying to buy their way into races. There does not seem to be any shortage of willing participants.
Good points.

I rather like my low(er) bucks- oddball, slower class car

I don't know whether to feel intimidated by running in the same eliminator with 8 second $ 100K Stockers, or flattered... lol

It's all good for the class

Last edited by ALMACK; 04-18-2017 at 05:12 PM.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #12
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
There's plenty of complaining in the .90 pits, but Comp/SS/Stock just lend themselves to politics, agendas, and complaining. There's a reason that this board is where the action is! There isn't much to talk about on a .90 board other than discussing results.
Good points.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #13
Dave Gantz

Liked 226 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick6 View Post
Six exclamation points for the title? Seems angry. Then you say "here is the real deal" as if your opinion is all that matters. I haven't seen anyone post that someone couldn't have an expensive custom paint job because they couldn't afford one. Nor I have I seen anyone post that someone couldn't have a $30-40,000 engine/$100,000 car because they couldn't afford them. I've read concerns about the ability to compete with that and honest debates about the future of Stock class racing due to issues like this and many more. If you can't see things are changing, your not paying attention. The expense is an honest issue. But I agree that one must stay within their financial means when considering racing. It's a hobby and all for fun, right? I read the concerns of others and don't necessarily see them only as bitches and complaints but rather searching for better ways of doing things. And it seems a bit condescending to call slower class cars "oddball" and if you have a faster car you are "beating your chest and claim to be king". I really think your interpretation of some things written on this forum may not be what was meant.
If I were to race again, I'd research the potentially most consistent, cheapest lower class car I could find. (Yeah, I'd be for Trustart!) I love fast, high horsepower cars. But one of the good things about Stock, it's for all budgets.
Dave Gantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #14
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,453 Times in 1,956 Posts

The older cars can be built in your backyard. For a lot of us, its how well do I compete with my stuff?

At the end of the day you've learned what to attack next to get your car better. It took us almost a year, with the 'Cuda, to be able to run the IHRA 1/8 mile index. When we ran the NHRA 1/4 mile index a few months later, we were ready for the big time.........NOT.

Bottom line its great fun with some great people.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #15
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts

I have run .90 for many years, I moved onto Superstock the last 5-6 years which I enjoy. Then I decide to buy a stocker with a stick, which has been the most fun I have ever had racing. This off season I rebuilt/freshened my 428FE myself with advise, as of now it is still a -.500-.600 under stocker but I am enjoying trying to find power/ET.

Point is...Race stock for your own reason and stop worrying/Whinning about what everyone else does.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #16
Nmbr1GMfan
VIP Member

Liked 1,957 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
Point is...Race stock for your own reason and stop worrying/Whinning about what everyone else does.
Perfect.
Nmbr1GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #17
J&S Racing

Liked 288 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
Then I decide to buy a stocker with a stick, which has been the most fun I have ever had racing.

And that is my reason!
Boy I can't wait to let that clutch out for the first time.
J&S Racing is offline   Reply With Quote