HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #41
Curt Rees

Liked 226 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: "G" Body suspention tips ?

I just added a sway bar. I have a 12 bolt with 6:14 gears. The car leaves nice and level now (see picture in Pierre National Open pics) and picked up up a 10th in the 60' time. I run Hoosier 9/30 radial tires.

I run 3 way shocks in the rear set at 50/50 and 70/30. I have Jeg's adustable upper control arms with AFCO bushing. I run 3 way shocks in the front set at 90/10, Moroso springs. I am going to change the front control arm bushings.

Curt Rees
Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #42
K Stubbs

Liked 20 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: "G" Body suspention tips ?

Craig,

I had a 71 chevelle A/SA 454 LS6 that I raced about ten years ago. At first it had your typically right side airbag with full length nohop bars, I even spent money to have lower control arms made with heim joints to "free" everything up. That is a false misreprsentation of how this system works on these cars. I fabricated a 1/34 straight sway bar that mounted on each lower control arm at the back, then had two angle braces that went from the center of the bar to the front of the lower cotrol arms nounted with brackets. It was a totaly bolt on unit and I never used air bags so my car set low and the instant center was never dissrupted, sort of like a wishbone. I used hal 12 way shocks on the rear but also tried cheaper shocks and seen no difference. This kit can be constructed by me and it WILL work. I have some on other malibu stockers with great success, I also cut my no hop bars in half to shorten them for proper ride heighth. The car ran 1.35-1.38 sixty foot back then and never twisted. If you need any assistacne you can reach me at:

KSR Race Cars
501-240-9469
K Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote