HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

Dan Fletcher wrote an article on Class Racer magazine about Norwalk being canceled for the sportsman. Interesting reading, what do you all think, leave a comment or post it here. I'm curious to here what everyone is thinking about NHRA's decision.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 677 Times in 290 Posts
Default Re: Dan Fletcher.... The Norwalk Cancellation

"But like my buddy Pirate would say, these are first world problems"

That does put things in perspective.

However it is a shame the relentless rain this spring messed things up and left the track with poor alternatives.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Dan Fletcher wrote an article on Class Racer magazine about Norwalk being canceled for the sportsman. Interesting reading, what do you all think, leave a comment or post it here. I'm curious to here what everyone is thinking about NHRA's decision.

http://classracer.com/magazine/?p=8469
Excellent points from Dan as always. There is a little event going on at Lebanon Valley this weekend that might entice the stock and superstockers that were done in by the rain @ Norwalk......would be fun to see some world champs come out to play with us, especially for the memorial event of Sunday. Just look up the other posts for details.

Eric
Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,605 Times in 375 Posts

I believe Nhra made a good call giving plenty of notice.
Guess what it will continue to happen now ...and we the sportsman racer will suffer
But I would rather Nhra made decision early instead of hanging us out for days at a time
If Nhra is smart they will refund the $$.and move on
How about make it like The Baby Gators and run Class on the reschedule ?
Mr Bader please help
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Mike Fuller

Liked 163 Times in 62 Posts

I thought it was well thought out. It is a shame but I think it was a good call. I have been there in similar conditions but never this bad. It will be interesting to see when they will reschedule it. My guess based on the schedule is the weekend of July 20th. Also Dan is right. The $120.00 insurance fee needs to be refunded.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

Ken I tried to leave a commit twice on the other site. So here is the short version. Mother Nature and NHRA may have ruined your plans for Norwalk. Not many of us know what it really takes to do what you do for a living. A lot of us are in the same boat just a different ocean. I'm just trying to get my car put together. Not enough hours in the day. An old wise man once told me if you ever get so big in business that you forget the customers that helped you build it. It's one of the first signs you have changed your business plan that brought you to that success and sooner or later you will fail. Not many of us understand how you can turn away paying customers. At the National level we all know sportsman racers are not on their top ten list. Dan I'm sure you have seen the Dave LeBrun Alan Peters Memorial Race that several of us racers are putting on. I get it's not a National Event and it's at Lebanon Valley but the pay out's are better than you see at most NHRA Events. And we want you there! So any of you if Norwalk ruined your plans take a look at this race. There are two days of racing with a racers picnic on Saturday. And plenty of Bonus money. The main reason I did get involved and started the ball rolling on this Event is time. We never realize how fast time is going by. I never thought about the day that I wouldn't see Dave LeBrun and Alan Peters at the races. Alan hadn't raced much in the last twenty years or so. But Dave was always there. Even when his health was failing him. Just really never gave it that thought that one day he wouldn't be there. Both were icons to our sport and the staging lanes in Division One will never be exactly the same without them. So if it's a race for money it's there but for me it's a way of saying one last good bye to two great racers and guys. Hope to see you all there. Barry

Last edited by B Parker; 06-17-2019 at 01:37 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
a pontiac

Liked 35 Times in 10 Posts

Let’s not overlook this cancellation as trial run for Pro only events. Only this one will be more profitable with all our entry money and no payouts yet.
a pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #8
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I hate this happened but in this case I believe the right decision was made. I was entered and looking forward to this race as I have never been but had to withdrawal when I realized I had a conflict. Who knows maybe I will get a chance to go to the rescheduled event without the hassle of the Oilers being there!
Old 06-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a pontiac View Post
Let’s not overlook this cancellation as trial run for Pro only events. Only this one will be more profitable with all our entry money and no payouts yet.
They did the same thing at Reading a few years ago. Pros ran on the originally scheduled weekend and sportsman ran a week later.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #10
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

A question, How many of the 6 classes of sportsman racers are usually at this event Tuesday Night, Wednesday AM. If most are there why not park them in the pro pit spots and race wed Thursday down to final 4 in all classes and if you are not in final 4 you have to leave. Only 24 rigs out of 300 would be at track, I am sure they would be on asphalt. If racers do not like this idea, they have option to withdrawal from the race and saving entry for another national event.
Could Bill Bader Make this Happen, a resounding Yes, would this cost NHRA money, yes
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked