HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 10-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Championship Countdown - Harry Phelps - 2012 TNTSS Fourth!

When he won the 2011 Rookie of the Year award, Harry Phelps from Newark, New York had one goal in mind - to get a Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series event win on his racing resume. This year in 2012, he met that goal and accumulated 695 points to place fourth in the TNTSS championship points standings, for the second consecutive year.

Harry's season started off strong with a runner-up finish at the first race. Add to that many late round appearances including two semi-finals and that highly sought after event win at St Thomas Raceway Park in August and it's no surprise to see Harry in the top five.

"We started this season on a good note at the first race with a runner-up to Mark Herbold and a couple of races later, a semi-final at Empire had me in the top five," commented Harry.

"Then at St. Thomas, I finally reached my goal to win one of these TNT races. I've been trying for two years to get that first win and qualify for the race of champions."

Besides finishing in the top five, it has been a special year for Harry and his family. "My son Harris and his wife Sarah added a new family member, Charlotte, who is now 10 months old. And my son Mike and his wife Jody are expecting a baby girl any day now, a little sister for Mikey and Liam," he added.

"I want to give a special thanks to Russ and Arlene Parker for all they've done over the years, it won't be the same without them, but we hope they come visit us at the races next year." Harry was quick to thank his sons, Mike and Harris for their support. "Harris is my crew chief back at the shop and helps get everything ready for the races. Also thanks to my wife Audrey, who was able to go to more races this year which makes it more enjoyable and a whole lot easier for me."

He also mentioned how much he appreciates what Joe Boniferro (Joe's Transmission), Ted Barnes and all the sponsors do to make the TNTSS possible. "They put so much effort into this series for us all."

Harry started drag racing in the 1970's and has been running his current car, a 1969 Nova, since the mid-80's. The Nova has a 468 Chevrolet for power and is capable of 10.30's at 130 mph. For 2013, he'll be freshening the engine and transmission. "We're also putting a new engine and transmission in Harris' S-10 race truck and hope to have it out in TNTSS competition next year as well," added Harry.

Meet Harry and his team at the upcoming sixth annual TNTSS Awards Night at Johnny Rocco's Italian Restaurant in Niagara Falls, Ontario on Saturday November 10th at 7pm. Seating is limited and last year's event was jammed so get there early!

For everything you need to know about the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country, visit www.tntsuperseries.com .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phelps - STT - 20120804 -1 - 500px.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	14222