HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 07-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
gnicholson

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default AFCO front shock question 70 Chevelle

I've lowered the front suspension on my car by cutting the front santhuff Springs 1/2 inch that should have gave me approximately 1 in at the wheel but I knew it would be a little more since the spring now fits in the lower control arm spring pocket like a stock spring. So I dropped it about an inch and a half which is where I want it basically my problem is the AFCO double adjustable shocks are basically bottomed out now at ride height. I have about three quarters of an inch between the factory lower control arm bump stop and the frame right now maybe a little more. So I'm either going to have to you spacers and lower the bottom shock mount or do some fabricating and raise the upper mount. I just thought I would ask if anyone else has had to do this on one of these cars and how you went about it

Last edited by gnicholson; 07-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.
gnicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts
Default Re: AFCO front shock question 70 Chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnicholson View Post
I've lowered the front suspension on my car by cutting the front santhuff Springs 1/2 inch that should have gave me approximately 1 in at the wheel but I knew it would be a little more since the spring now fits in the lower control arm spring pocket like a stock spring. So I dropped it about an inch and a half which is where I want it basically my problem is the AFCO double adjustable shocks are basically bottomed out now at ride height. I have about three quarters of an inch between the factory lower control arm bump stop and the frame right now maybe a little more. So I'm either going to have to you spacers and lower the bottom shock mount or Newsome fabricating and raise the upper mount. I just thought I would ask if anyone else has had to do this on one of these cars and how you went about it
Contact Marty Rinehart or his son, Marty Jr.
They will get you in the right direction.

https://rinehartsperformance.com/
SSDiv6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

I assume you have the 5'' stroke shock now. you could switch to the 4'' stroke shock like early camaro would use.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
gnicholson

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

no according to the guy at fastshock they are 4 inch travel units. they bottom out a good 3/4 inch before the factory bump stop but i new that when i 1st put them on its just after the cars been lowered its going to have to be addressed now

Last edited by gnicholson; 07-15-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
gnicholson

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

this car is actually a super street car but i thought it would be a better question for super stock guys. i know there are plenty of guys running afco shocks with the wheel standing valving with low front ride hieght and stock style suspension