Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #511
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from our Southwestern Swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolongerracing View Post
You should have been running the listed size throttle body and not the larger one until you had it approved first. That's why they list dimensions.
Here we go with all the people who assume I was cheating. My part number is listed, and happens to be a larger than stock throttle body. If NHRA says the part is legal, it shouldn't matter what size it is. That is called using things to your advantage, not cheating. I guess nobody has ever looked into the rule book or blueprints to find an advantage. Isn't that what everybody does to find a combination they can make run far enough under the index to be competitive?
mopar jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #512
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Myers View Post
Jeff
If it's not the size listed you were cheating so trying to get it approved after you were caught is B. S. That is why stock is not stock any longer someone was caught cheating and got it changed after kissing the rear end of the right guy . I guess your problem now is who do you kiss .
Ed, you can read the post I just made for Mr. Nolongerracing. Then if you still think I am cheating, well that is your problem. NHRA listed the part I was using, but only has the stock dimension listed. I am sure there have never been errors in the rule book before, right? Would anybody in there right mind pay all that money, then go for a teardown and think you were going to get something by NHRA? Not this guy. They are way to thorough for that.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #513
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

It looks like with the third round win, Jody Lang is at 700 points, and with a win, Joe Santangelo can get 701. Wow, this is going to be close!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #514
mopar jeff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Sorry, Jeff for my misinformation. I heard this from what I thought was a reliable source, but I apologize to you for posting just a rumor. I will try to make sure before I put anything else on that it is the truth.

Patsy
Patsy, thanks for the apology and I hold nothing against you. I appreciate that you wrote back, and I was aware I would be labeled a cheater by some others. Now I just have to try and clear my name by proving to NHRA that the throttle body listed for my car actually came from the factory at the size they measured. Now the quest to find documentation begins.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #515
JHeath

Liked 370 Times in 102 Posts

Jeff, to be cheating, you must have bored that throttle body out to at least 100mm, and then cleverly concealed the machine work...........which gave you at least 100 horsepower!!, some people on here are so stupid...funny ,do they even race? or are talking out of their a**..?.Nice job, you're car is running good!!
JHeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #516
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Thank God it only took the cost of ONE race car and no injuries to get them to do what we all thought they should do the night before

We are racing to late in the year - rain next week in Pomona

:-) peace
Old 11-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #517
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

regardless of what some of these internet racers say, good job on getting your car to run that good! good luck on the info side for tech. let me know if you need any help. charlie can get hold of me or give you my number if you need it.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #518
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Johns View Post
Just a question, since when do you not want Horsepower??
Hello Irv,

We have run an awful lot of races, even winning Class in some, without getting horsepower...In fact we won the 2011 Class Performer in Stock Automatic, without many hits. And the ones we did get, were necessary to accomplish my plan. And now we have the A/SA record without getting horsepower.

But I can understand why you are upset... after being hammered on the 6.1 (lots of little hammers and one big hammer at the end.. ), and giving up on the 5.7 (where you were being nibbled to death by guppies), and then gotten hammered again on the 6.4 (two hits in 2 weeks = 200 lbs, ouch!), these Challengers must really give you heartburn by now.

Seems the Ford guys, well most of them, protect the index better than the Mopar guys. Maybe a Ford should be in your future?

As for me, I am looking at the new Camaros... Seems like they just might be fun. And if Chrysler won't/can't put a supercharger on a Drag Pak car, why not look to something that actually can compete with the Fords.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 11-07-2011 at 12:40 AM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #519
Tom Moock

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

David, you probably are going to get hp at the end of year average`s, unless someone with your motor goes 1.20 under to get auto hp. Tom
Old 11-07-2011, 02:17 AM   #520
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,458 Times in 1,958 Posts

At what temperature is a track too cold?

When:

It is ok for stock but not for top sportsman, TS got sent back, but we had to run.

It is ok for superstock but not for top dragster half the field did not make a good run.

The announcer warns super racers about dumping at the end of the track so their won't be a loss of life, limb, or equipment.

It could be a predetermined number set by the tire manufactures and the sanctioning bodys.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote