HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Intelligent speculation needed. Be reasonable. The car has not gone up in value since you purchased it. If so, why? Whatever you paid for it is what it is worth. No more. Do you actually have a clear title for the car or is there a lien on the car? Since a commercial carrier supposedly rear ended you I would assume they have insurance. Two years now and they haven't paid on the property damage? Why? Is there a fight over who's actually at fault? If not, they must be fighting on the value. 3rd gen SS f bodies sell all day long for roughly $25K and that's about what you paid. Or didn't.
RocketBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Just my thoughts, but the car is not "historic" enough yet to be worth much, especially if it's wrecked and only cosmetically fixed. Mr. Biondo is one of the toughest racers out there, but he has not become a legend like Da Grump. Also, that car does not have the signifigance of Grump's Vega which changed the face of Pro Stock, or the oddity of the Chevelle.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #13
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Key word - "Yet."
But I believe Pete has won more races than the Grump. He'll never be "The Grump" cause he doesn't design engines, engine parts, etc like Grumpy did. I only mentioned those other two cars because they are the only NHRA race cars with history that have been on the auction block that I know of. I guess a Sox and Martin car sold a while back. The historical signifigance of my car has value.

I thought there might be an appraiser with this kind of experience out there. We're not talking insurance. We're not talking plain replacement value. It's like being a stock broker..........
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Bruce...one big difference is that the "Hatari" car is not considered a vintage Musclecar. You cannot put the Firebird at the same level as those cars that have sold. All the cars that have sold at auctions such as the Sox & Martin car, Truppi-Kling Chevelle, Ramchargers, etc... and others, started and are very desirable musclecars. Sorry...but...with all respect to Peter Biondo and Phil...your car does not fall under the same category....unless...you are trying to have it appraised at the same level for insurance purposes.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #15
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

John Gallina sold his Buick SS GN. First 7 second SS, numerous world records well over a quarter-million into it. What did he get? $45K? Or was it $35K? That was at a premire auction block. Car's like Sox & Martin, Grumpy and other marquee drivers sell for a lot because they are muscle cars and / or driven by stars that little boys dream about. Their entire youth was spent reading about these cars and drivers in SS&DI and every other publication. They sometimes grow up to be rich men. They pay whatever it takes to get these cars. I don't think anybody but you see's this f body pontiac as a cash cow.
So what have they offered?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #16
SAL PIACENTINI

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rocket block,your 1st post was on the money.For those that don't know me I was the last person to race this car & disassembled it before a trailer & 5K was sent East to pick it up.Mr Pontiac said don't worry I'll send the other 10K asap.Well the only thing that came for some time was it's a piece of junk & complaining.Now thats a been used by beaters for years but I always thought he might be using it to explain to people why his 6x-400 would only run 10:50's.Phil has a big heart & never got angry & just figured he would come thru someday.For 7 yrs or so I offered to collect but Phil declined.A few bucks trickled in & some new valves & lifter braces plus a 428 block & a couple of head cores.What really stuns me is a month or so ago the insurance adjuster calls & asks about the sale price & could he provide a letter with that amount.I said you got to be kidding,why not ask for the balance before you mail anything. But no being the guy he is a generous letter is sent.I have no axe to grind with Floper as from the early 90's I was warned by some good Pontiac racers never send any money.My purpose for writing this is that anyone with a brain can see the scam here. It can"t be worth anything since the present owner stated it wasn't a good car. The real scam would be if it shows up someday with Hatari on it's sides & looks a lot like Bales old stripper that the boy has now.Peter never drove that one.
SAL PIACENTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #17
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts

A few years ago, Joe Amato sold one of his top fuel cars on Barret Jackson. Joe was there personally to "hype " the crowd and it still only sold for something like $35000 .
Nothing against the Hatari car , but I feel Amato's name and reputation is significantly greater than this SS racer. Just to clarify I consider SS racing great entertainment.
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #18
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Fulper View Post
C'mon boy - let everyone know what you're made out of - cause I'm standing RIGHT here willing to take any one of these bull**** allegations. One sided stories have NO place on this or any other site. Want to know the truth, come, get into my business - and when you're embarrassed you can apolgize - but - do "one siders" ever apologize? Only r-e-a-l men do.

You go "Rocketblock - have a ball trying to make me look bad. I've done nothing to no one. But when you're good, little people just LOVE trying to take you down. I'm sure you can also belittle my win at Indy too. Let's see how much of your childishness the moderator allows. Seems he has a hard on for me too anyhow.

I'm used to it Blockhead Block.

That's what it says!
You got to be kidding right?
Look Bruce,
Looks like you stepped on your dick big time! It's no longer a "bull**** allegations. One sided stories". I enjoy the company of the Biondo's at the races and have been waiting a long time for you to open up this can of worms. Knew you would do it too because you can't stay off the keyboards long enough to think straight. I'm glad the "real" story worked its way out of all the BS. Now look what you said: "and when you're embarrassed you can apolgize - but - do "one siders" ever apologize? Only r-e-a-l men do."
I'm wondering. When you pay up are you going to apologize?

Last thing I'm going to say. You won class at Indy. It's in every signature and post you make. It's on your phone message. It's all over your web site. I just want to know this. Why did you pack up and leave after going down the track? Drove all that way to enter a race and didn't stick around for the race. What's with that?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #19
RocketBlock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL PIACENTINI View Post
Rocket block,your 1st post was on the money.For those that don't know me I was the last person to race this car & disassembled it before a trailer & 5K was sent East to pick it up.Mr Pontiac said don't worry I'll send the other 10K asap.Well the only thing that came for some time was it's a piece of junk & complaining.Now thats a been used by beaters for years but I always thought he might be using it to explain to people why his 6x-400 would only run 10:50's.Phil has a big heart & never got angry & just figured he would come thru someday.For 7 yrs or so I offered to collect but Phil declined.A few bucks trickled in & some new valves & lifter braces plus a 428 block & a couple of head cores.What really stuns me is a month or so ago the insurance adjuster calls & asks about the sale price & could he provide a letter with that amount.I said you got to be kidding,why not ask for the balance before you mail anything. But no being the guy he is a generous letter is sent.I have no axe to grind with Floper as from the early 90's I was warned by some good Pontiac racers never send any money.My purpose for writing this is that anyone with a brain can see the scam here. It can"t be worth anything since the present owner stated it wasn't a good car. The real scam would be if it shows up someday with Hatari on it's sides & looks a lot like Bales old stripper that the boy has now.Peter never drove that one.

Thanks Sal. Your a good man and the world knows it. Now the world knows "the rest of the story". And we all know Phil would give his last shirt off his back to anybody. Too bad this happened to him.
RB
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 AM   #20
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Support bacteria - They're the only culture some people have.

Sal - you're full of ****. Phil is a good friend - One of the nicest guys I ever met racing - I don't owe him a dime. I have every reciept of payment - so YOU lose. Ya think Phil would have lined me up at Indy if I owed him money? huh bright boy? Want to see it on YOU TUBE? All of you guys and your one sided **** go Fffff-f-f-f-fade way. There's NO terrible story to tell. Not a r-e-a-l one.

But gee, if it makes your day.......Talk to Phil in front of me ok big guy?

Then we'll see who's the cretin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here I am, hiding from Phil and Peter at Pomona. Man - talk about an incredibly stealthy charactor. You should have seen how I waited for those guys to go to the bathroom and I snuck my car into their pits for this picture. Neat how I had the time to line them up like this eh? I barely made it out of there. Whew!

oh dudes - give it up - cause I got lots more where this came from. My business - Phils business - Ain't YOUR business.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Last edited by Bruce Fulper; 07-13-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote